In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pedersoli 10 ga precusion shotgun.

CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
A neighbor stopped by today with an as new Pedersoli double barreled percussion shotgun. This is a 10 gauge, with screw in chokes. I've never seen a muzzle loading shotgun with screw in chokes.
I had to remove the barrels from the stock to even find out who made it, or what gauge it is. Every thing was stamped on the underside of the barrels, with the water mark.
This is a very well made and nicely finished gun, nice checkering around the wrist of the stock. I don't have it here, so I can't post pictures, it looks like the nicer Pedersolis on the auction side, but it's a 10 gauge and has chokes. The owner bought it at a yard sale, years ago, and is donating it for an auction to benefit a relative with cancer.
Can anyone tell me more about this thing, and maybe a ball park value. It is unfired.
Thanks for looking.
W.D.

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cabela's sells the new ones with the screw in chokes, I know they have 20,and 12's 10 may be a special order, not sure. I have one of the older 12's without chokes they ask $350-400 around here, get usually $250-300 tops, Cabela's was asking in the $700 range new, It is hard to say the muzzleloading shotgun is not for everyone, someone who is looking for one may go $400-500 if there is no one there interested it may go $250 or so.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They use Beretta choke tubes.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys.
    I did some research last night, found something close at Dixie, they're asking $1095 for them, without chokes. At least it doesn't say any thing in the ad about chokes.
    Thanks again.
    W.D.