In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Old Army Black Powder....

CookECookE Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
Can anyone tell me if a Ruger Old Army Stainless Steel Black Powder Revolver with a 5.5" barrel is "RARE" and what one might be worth? It is "UNFIRED". Also, does anyone know what one of those RUGERS with the shiny finish and the white grips might be worth. That is also a black powder. I checked the GUNBROKER site and I can't seem to find anything on them. Any help would surely be appreciated........
THANKS.............CookE

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    without real pictures, I'd say rare no, they may be uncommon but not rare. value would run anywhere from 250-500 for the ruger not sure on the other pistol, if its an off brand anywhere from 75-200. about as close as i can guess without pictures.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know how rare it is, but it certainly is valuable.
    Ruger no longer makes this pistol, and it is the best quality cap and ball pistol on the market. These guns are prized by muzzleloader pistol guys, in fact, I will buy one as soon as I get some funds this fall.
    If this pistol is unfired, New In Box, I'm sure it is worth $500, might be worth more than that.

Like you, I couldn't find one on the auction side in stainless but keep you eyes peeled, one will pop up in a few weeks I'm sure.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    These aren't particularly rare, it's just since they aren't produced anymore, the people who have them are holding on to them. What I would call these is "collectable" which ads value. The 5.5 inch model didn't come out till near the end of the ROA's production run, in response to cowboy action shooters who wanted to use them in Frontiersman class. So this pistol would be from the last few years produced. Even though they haven't been made for several years, I still see ads from distributors that still have new old stock, but mainly 7.5 inch models. I haven't seen one lately, but within the last year.
    A quick google search turned up a couple for sale from $420 to $500. So I'd say the $500 price tag is certainly valid.
  • festusfestus Member Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger Old Army Stainless 5.5" barrel NEW .457 ball Auction # 178509022
    like this.