In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tingle .40 cal single shot black powder pistol

wbcreationswbcreations Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Hi everyone, Recently picked up the handgun in the subject block. The condition is about 98%. I am looking for the following info.The approx. value of the piece, A starting load for test fireing, and am looking for the stock attachment that was made for the piece. I have found out that the gun was custom handmade by Bob Tingle (deceased) in Shelbyville, Ind. about 50-60 years ago. It appears to be one of his early models as the serial number is under 20. The barrel is about 8 inches long and the receiver is brass. If anyone has the stock for sell I would work it out on the auction side. Any and all info. will be greatly appreciated, Thanks and God Bless, Woody

Comments

• wbcreationswbcreations Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi all, Looking for any and all information where I might locate a stock attachment that will fit a Tingle .40 cal. single shot muzzle loading pistol. They were made by Bob Tingle in Shelbyville, Ind. about 50=60 years ago. Recently reconditioned one of the pistols and need to complete the set. Any condition or information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless---Woody in VA.
  • AQUAINFLAQUAINFL Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you "google"Tingle black powder pistol you will get lots of info.Right now one is at {elsewhere} with a $166 bid.Always use google first[:D]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try 20 grains fffg and a .390 patched round ball.