In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New help ID gun part.

bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
This is a broken piece from my CVA BP trappers pistol. I'm not sure of the part name, think it's called a tumbler?

020.jpg

I think there is a piece broke off where I made the arrow. The hammer will not lock back now & when I took it apart I saw the freshly broken area.

DSCN0289.jpg

Comments

• firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The full cock notch is broken off. And yes, that's called a tumbler. Looks like there might have been a fly installed as well. Willing to bet that that lock still "catches" on half cock.

All of CVA's sidelock-style spare parts inventory was bought out by Deer Creek Products. They don't have a web site; you'll have to call them at(765) 525-6181. Good luck with your project.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks fish![^]
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have no luck, you may try, Cains outdoors, in Williamstown WV, just google the name they work almost exclusively on muzzleloaders.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    PrairieLand Rendezvous is in a couple of weeks. You might be able to find one there.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    PrairieLand Rendezvous is in a couple of weeks. You might be able to find one there.

Date?

I haven't been for a few years. Bill Wagahoff was the one that turned me onto BP.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

Date?

I haven't been for a few years. Bill Wagahoff was the one that turned me onto BP.

I believe the last weekend in April. I remember Wags. Very nice guy. I grew up camping there. Haven't camped in quite a few years but still go down an visit.