In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TV series "Copper"

sockssocks Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
Anybody else following this show? Really good series about a NY City detective during the Civil War years. On the BBC network in it's 2nd season. Trying to catch what gun Corky is carrying in his cross-draw holster. Maybe a Colt Pocket Police?

Comments

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like the show. Never really cared about the gun. Looking forward to the season 2 on DVD.
  • flyingcollieflyingcollie Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to like it, but . . . I can't get into it. It's some Englishman's notion of American history, and what NYC was like in 1865, and they miss the mark so wide when it comes to costume, and other details like lamps that haven't been invented for another 40 years, etc., I find that the measure of how far off they are presenting a historical time and place.

(I do like Donal Lough, though . . . )
  • Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Corky is carrying a LeMatt Confererate black powder revolver. Remember the setting of the show is in the time of Abraham Lincoln, Modern powders have not been invented.
    Love the show. if you have ever studied Law Enforcement the basic concemt of forensics started about that time..
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Layne12gun
    Corky is carrying a LeMatt Confererate black powder revolver. Remember the setting of the show is in the time of Abraham Lincoln, Modern powders have not been invented.
    Love the show. if you have ever studied Law Enforcement the basic concemt of forensics started about that time..

I love the show and think it's very well done.
    It's Corky's Partner, Macguire that carries/carried the LeMat. Unless Corky now has it and I missed it!!
  • stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad, I read in this mornings newspaper that this show has been canceled and that its last program is airing tonight.