In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1860 COLT ARMY

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
I was in a gun store today,and they had two 1860 Colt Army's and the guy said they were new,and they were the last ones produced? How can I tell what they are?New box's and look new,never fired all for 599.00 each? What was I looking at?

Comments

• stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the guns have all the correct Colt markings, come in a Black Colt cardboard box and have a serial number no higher than 211262, the guns will be from the 2nd generation and were made between 1978 and 1980. If the guns come in a gray box with Colt in large gold letters on the lid, and have standard Colt markings but have higher serial numbers, and they have Sam Colts signature engraved on their back straps, the guns are from the 3rd generation, or Signature Series. These were made under license in Brooklyn, N.Y. by Colt Blackpowder, Inc. between 1994 and 2002. Their serial numbers are a continuation of the 2nd generation guns.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So,which is the most valuable? and are they worth 599.00?
  • stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the auctions on this site to find out the current prices. $599 for either generation sounds about right for an unfired M1860 Army....and you won;t have to pay for shipping!
    However, neither gun is going to fund your retirement - even 10 years from now.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they are Colt and you can get both for $599, do it.
  • ken44-40ken44-40 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Steg said. $599 each for a 2nd Gen is a decent price.