In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

T/C Black Diamond

MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
Has anyone owned a Thompson Contender Black Diamond? I have a friend that wants to work a trade with me and one of the items he is offering is a NIB Camo version like the one in the auction below:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=222236709

My muzzle loader is about 30 years old and I think it's time to move up. I'm not worried about the trade, just whether these are decent guns or not. Any input would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,

Aaron

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little hard to answer. TC quit making them so one assumes they did not sell well enought to justify continuing their manufacture. I bought one in the first couple of years they built them, all black synthetic. Uses 209 primers or caps. Shoots very well, handles like a centerfire rifle rather than a barrel heavy front stuffer. It likes pellets and loads up to 100-110 grains. Above that it recoils like a centerfire and looses accuracy, though it will take up to 150 grains. Mine sold new for $249 if that gives you any basis for swap value. They have lost value so far, and may never gain. Not sure why they did not sell, I like mine.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMO the Black Diamond was just a little late to the party. not unique enough to set it apart from the hoard of inlines that were available from some 2 dozen manufactures.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably an astute observation. A lot of those are now gone. I have my Black Diamond but also three other traditional rifles, which get more use.
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    good guns just a real pain in the * to cap when they have a scope on them

last one i purchased was just over 100 bucks NIB with wood stock
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've shot 2 and both hard to cap, but shot very accurate!