In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Single actions

dilleydog7dilleydog7 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Anyone interested in helping me find the values of 5 single actions that i was left with. I absolutely know nothing about their value. all first generations, 2 .45s, 1 bisley, 1 32wcf and 1 38 special. the 2 45s are from the 1888 and 1896 the rest are 1901, 1903 and 1906. Just looking for someones expert advise, thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See if you can puzzle out the instructions and post pictures.
    Guns like these, condition and originality are everything.

All things being equal, the 1888 and 1896 antiques would be the most valuable. An early early .38 Special would be very desirable, but much less so if it were a rebuild no longer in the original caliber, which was not unusual.

I am not a Colt expert, best to hang around until a collector shows up who can tell you more.
  • dilleydog7dilleydog7 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks I will try but I have had issues trying to photos on here before, anyway I could email them to you? The 38 special doesnt appeared to be messed with, and the 32 is in great shape same with the bisley, the 1896 is not in the best, and the 1888 could have been redone maybe a long time ago I cant tell, thanks again I am just lost on these
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Photos are easy to post, but not from your computer, you must use a host site like photobucket or another.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You cannot post pictures here directly. You MUST save them to some hosting site, like Photobucket.com. Once that is done, you pretty much just cut and paste or just type the URL of each saved picture there on to this space. [:D]
  • jonlowerjonlower Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send the photos to my Email, mr4440@aol.com and I will give you an idea of what you have. See my site at davelanaracolts.com. I am a restorer, shooter and historian on colt SAA

Dave Lanara
  • Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suggest to you that have posted your topic to the wron forum.

I suggest you go to the Ask the Experts Forum here on GunBroker. Just click on GB.com Message Forums and clike the ATE Forum link.

Post your questions there and get some photos in your topic (work on it...you can do it). Most will suggest you go to the GB Auctions, sign up and do a search on auctions that have sold their item within the past two weeks to sixty days. That will give you an idea of what similar weapons have been selling for.

Your pictures are critical to the ATE experts evaluating what you have, giving you their idea of collectibility, value and other information that can assist you in determining what to do with your guns.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that's an originally barreled 38 special from 1906 it's the most valuable of the lot.