In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What happened to all the...

bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
...TTN side-by-side "stagecoach" type shotguns on the auction side?

Used to do a search and find half-dozen or more up for auction. Now, I haven't seen one for sale in the past six weeks or more! Anybody know if they went out-of-business or sumpin'?

Thanks!

Big Al

Comments

• bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I typed in coach and found 53 guns????
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I should have been more specific, bambambam.

I've been looking at "TTN" model stagecoach doublebarrel shotguns with external hammers. "Hammerless" doubles just don't do it for me.

I typed in "stagecoach gun" and got 30 listings, some of which were for pistols (?[:0]?) and a few for "non-firing replicas" but no TTN coach guns.

Thanks, though, I appreciate the reply.

Big Al (gonna have to do some more 'diggin' and researchin', I reckon!) [:)]
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps look under stagecoach as two words? Like stage coach.
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Yosh, I tried that, too. Got links to a John Hart 10-gauge shotgun (no, thanks! [:0] ), a Colt SAA .357, an 1841 .31 caliber pistol, yadda-yadda...

Nobody caught my point... what happened to TTN? Did they go out of business? Shut down? Get re-named?

Thanks!

Big Al (I haven't found any info, that's why I'm asking here. All y'all know ever'thing! [;)] )
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are made by Cimmaron, which still seems to be producing them:

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Shotgun/Shotguns.htm
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I never heard of TTN (Stoger, yes). But if they're made by the Spaghetti makers I reckon Uberti has their hand in that. I mean Uberti makes guns for other Italian outfits and pretty much everyone (Italian version of S&W [:D]).
  • Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    They are made by Cimmaron, which still seems to be producing them:

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Shotgun/Shotguns.htm
    I don't believe Cimarron makes anything. Cimarron I believe, was one of the (and later became the only) US wholesale distributor for the TTN coach gun, which I think is a reproduction of the Colt 1878 double barreled shotgun.

I'm pretty sure that the subject gun is made in China. I do not know who "TTN" is, but there is another name out there...."Polytech" that I have seen used in conjunction with TTN, so maybe Polytech is the Manufacturer in China(?), TTN is the importer(?) and Cimarron (if they still handle the gun) would be the US wholesale distributer, selling to gunshops and other retailers from whom you and I purchase the gun(?).

I don't know for sure how all that flows and maybe that is of no interest to you anyway. I think what you want to know is, "Where is TTN now and where does that shotgun come from?"

Sorry I cannot directly answer your question, but the above may help. If you cannot find anything on the Internet, almost certainly you could call Cimarron directly and just ask all the questions to sort all this out for yourself.