In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

IAB 45-70 double trigger problem

A1BigTunaA1BigTuna Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
Hi: I have an IAB 45-70 falling block with dual triggers and most of the time I have to pull the rear trigger twice so the fron trigger will fire the rifle. Have any out there had this problem? Any advice? I have only shot it a couple of times and it worked then, the last time and now in dry firing, it still does it.

thanks for any help.

Comments

• 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The IAB Sharps replicas were notorious for poor or no hardening of the sear/ trigger parts. My experience has only been with the single trigger, but I would say you need to get it to a gunsmith with experience in early double set triggers, such as a muzzle loader smith and have them fix it. They may have to fabricate a new part or two.
  • Indian Creek 1Indian Creek 1 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right where the trigger guard comes down behind the rear trigger there is a spring tension set screw. If the hammer is not releasing you may have to tighten the screw some and if the hammer is catching on the halfcock notch you may have to back off some.
  • A1BigTunaA1BigTuna Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks all for the input. How great this forum is to gleen information from those out there that share their experience.

And to all, A Happy New Year!!