In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ramrod Guide

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had my inline muzzleloader for quite some time now, typically does not get used more than once every other year or so. I normally have my deer done by this time year to year but will go for a doe every once in a while.

The thimble/guide is attached to my barrel and goes up and over the barrel and not underneath like the newer inlines with multiple guides/thimbles. Mine is a single and plastic/carbon and began eroding two years ago, I fear one good shot and it will fall apart.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anthony

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Post a pic please.
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Had my inline muzzleloader for quite some time now, typically does not get used more than once every other year or so. I normally have my deer done by this time year to year but will go for a doe every once in a while.

The thimble/guide is attached to my barrel and goes up and over the barrel and not underneath like the newer inlines with multiple guides/thimbles. Mine is a single and plastic/carbon and began eroding two years ago, I fear one good shot and it will fall apart.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Anthony

Suggestion: Make every shot count!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suppose you know the manufacturer and either they are out of business, or do not sell parts so replacement is unlikely? Pull it while is unbroken and have one fabricated from brass by a good machinist.