In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gold Plated Colt Walker or Uberti?

wilmoewilmoe Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Checking through our inventory we came across a presentation box containing a gold plated, US 1847 USMR. Aside from "Colts Patent" inscribed on the engraved cylinder, and a 3 digit serial number, we couldn't find any other markings to indicate whether this thing is a Colt or a Uberti (searches on either being gold plated came up with nothing). The box did include a powder horn which is marked "Italy" so we're thinking it's probably a Uberti but without knowing for sure we're not really sure of what we have here...

gld184x006.jpg

Any ideas?

Comments

• stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your gun is an Italian repro. If it was a 2nd or 3rd generation Colt Walker, it would have the same Colt markings as the original.
    If you carefully examine the gun, you probably will find an Italian proof mark......probably under the barrel, covered by the loading lever.
    Very few of the Italian repros have much collectors value. They are shooters, gold plate or not.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While not having the collector value of a gen-you-wine Colt, you now possess an excellent quality (and good looking) shooter. Time to get to the range. [:D]
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm gonna guess Armi San Marco. Uberti didn't usually pimp guns out that way, pretty common at Armi and Pedersoli.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice piece, nice case.
    Now you need to fill the mould and tool slots.
    My repro plunger flask didn't throw consistent loads so I dumped it.