In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CVA pistol kit

wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
Looking for the instruction manual for a CVA Kentucky KA709 pistol kit.
CVA no longer supports this pistol. I have an unassembled kit that was open and missing the instructions.

Comments

• MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I would try Google. I have built a couple of CVAs BP pistols in the past but throw the instructions away. They are so simple one usually does not need instructions. Nothing personal, I say this because I have built several including those 2 CVAs and it is second nature for me.[:D]

Do you need instructions in general or is there a problem you need help with.
  • wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seams to be pretty cut and dry as far as assembly.
    The parts in the box do not match the parts shown on the box.
    The plate on the opposite side of the hammer is either missing or has been replaced with two brass cone shaped washers. Thought the instructions may also have a parts list.
  • wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found a website with a kit that looks exactly like the one I have just under a different name.
    Parts list and assembly instructions.
    http://possibleshop.com/pistol-kit.html
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiz1997
    Found a website with a kit that looks exactly like the one I have just under a different name.
    Parts list and assembly instructions.
    http://possibleshop.com/pistol-kit.html

I have bought a couple kits from these people. That Crockett they have is an awesome pistol.
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    Might check with Deer Creek Products in Waldron Indiana
    765-525-6181

I think they bought up the CVA parts inventory. Might have a manual still laying around.

Allen
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The brass washers came with some guns and the brass plate with others. I have made a brass plate on a couple of the kits I built years ago, one Kentucky rifle and one Kentucky pistol. Good guns for the price in my opinion. Have a Squirel rifle I started on and need to get around to finishing some day.