In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1851 Uberti Revolver

emsfireemsfire Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
Thoughts on the 1851 Uberti manufactured .44 revolver? Get one? reputation?

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    depends on what you want. I have never had one but hear the fit and finish is better than the piettas or other copies. for me just wanting a plinker I was happy with the pietta for a lot less money, since I only shoot it few times a year. if you wanted it for daily shooter I might consider Uberti or colt.
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uberti has had the reputation for the best fit and finish of the Italian reproductions. The interior working parts may or may not be finished as well. Function should be good in either case. For your info, the original 1851 Colt Navy was only made in .36 caliber. The .44 caliber Model 1851 is a modern creation.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two Uberti revolvers that are cartridge models. If I wanted a BP pistol I would not hesitate. Best of the Italian repros.
  • 44mag444mag4 Member Posts: 47
    If you are getting a 44 cal with a 1851 Colt frame, make sure the frame is steel. The brass frames with a 44 cal barrel will have a tendency to shoot loose with time.