In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

uberti 1875 remington problems

jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anbybody had any problems with the Uberti 1875 remington revolver 45 Lc.??

Comments

• wolfdog45wolfdog45 Member Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    I own two, and never had a problem out of them. Heavy but accurate, changed the stock springs to lighter ones, made quite a difference in rapid firing at the local cowboy matches.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you having a problem with one or just looking for reviews before buying one? I had one for awhile and it was fine, just would have rather had 44-40 (see my screen name). I wouldn't hesitate to own one.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I purchased a new one . It took me a month or two to find some ammo. when I went to fire it ,the hammer would not cock with cartridges in the cylinder. I took all the shells out but one. Then the hammer would cock as long as the shell was not next to the cylinder prawl.
    For some reason the case is holding the prawl in a position that blocks the hammer from cocking. I had the gun sent back to Uberti in Md. for repairs. I have this fear that I will have more trouble with it. I am looking for reassurance. I love the looks of it and it has a sweet trigger pull. When I shot it one shell at a time it was very accurate. Besides I bought $300.00 worth of ammo for it.
    edited November -1
    Check the primers on the shells, I had one shell I reloaded that the primer wasn't fully seated and it did the same exact thing in my 1875 that it was in.
  • vulturevulture Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you get this problem fixed?
    edited November -1
    So far I haven't gotten the gun back from Uberti.
    edited November -1
    Well, I got the gun back from Uberti. They did a fine job. But --it somehow doesn't seem like the same pistol. If it is they worked on the trigger also. This trigger is better than a S&W. Very light pull, no creep whatsoever. Works great. doesn't look like the same cylinder. Definatly isn't the same cylider prawl. I'm happy.
    edited November -1
    Glad it made it back and is better than before [:)]