In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

flintlock for lefthander

littlegunlittlegun Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
I was thinking about getting a flintlock but a shoot left handed. I use right hand percusion rifles was just wondering how shooting a right hand flintlock left handed would be.

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    would be hard to keep from flinching, it is bad enough for a regular shooter, put that flachpan right in front of your face, instead of off to the side and you may even loose a mustache along with the flinch.......
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot left handed and have used both left and right handed guns. I prefer to use the right handed gun since I shoot with the right eye closed. I never see the pan flash, which minimizes flinch.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a left handed Hawken that I've used for nine years. I love it. It is a percussion cap muzzle loader, so flash in the pan is obviously not an issue, but it is nice to have the furniture on the correct side for a lefty shooter! Anything that helps reduce flinching is a good thing!
  • Options
    distinguisheddistinguished Member Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andersk
    I have a left handed Hawken that I've used for nine years. I love it. It is a percussion cap muzzle loader, so flash in the pan is obviously not an issue, but it is nice to have the furniture on the correct side for a lefty shooter! Anything that helps reduce flinching is a good thing!

Who makes it and where could I get one?
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is an Italian gun. I bought it on line from a posting on GunBroker.com. I think it may have originally come from Cabellas. It says Investarms on the barrel.