In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

nunn

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Nunn,when i started posting on this forum i thought you were sorta mean.Now that ive read more of your posts and replys and have gotten to know you more i now see you as fair and considerate, a stand up guy.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please unlock my thread.

I thought it would just pizz you off If I re-posted it.[B)]
    edited November -1
    I call BS on you.

In the "racist" thread, I stated there are "n
    s" and there are black people, just like there are white trash cracker POS and there are white people.

But yet you singled out my reply, which stated that those that judge by the group ARE racist, and I stated better to judge a person one at a time.....and you use THAT as a reason to lock a thread?

WHY?

I am NOT eboydell, or OB Juan.

I know you have a black foster kid, does that have anything to do with it?

Geezus, don't C&P a sentence from my post and ignore the rest of it as a justification to lock a topic.

Here is the original post

there are "n
    s", and there are Black people.

Just like there are white trash crackers, and there are White people.

Ditto Asians.

Ditto Hispanics.

Better to judge one person at a time than to be racist.

I have met and worked with some fine black folks, and I have lived near some white trash POS that should have been shot on sight.

Easier to go through life with an open mind

Now, here is a post I did replying to PA Redneck, who got some nasty
    e-mail after he said his daughter was pregnant with a black man's baby...

PA Redneck wrote

"Now, I need some of you to critique mty spelling and grammar for me to see if I made the grade"

The good news, you spelled "Branch Davidians" correctly.

The bad news, you spelled "my" wrong.

Just busting your balls.

If your daughter is happy, so be it.

Who are we to judge?

So where am I being "racist", and how do you justify using MY post as a reason to lock the thread???
    edited November -1
    I think you are a little prejudiced on the subject of cops. You are overly defensive. I know i could not be a cop. I would be fired within 2 weeks. First time someone beat a kid or a woman i would do something stupid. Drug dealers would be beaten also. I know this thats why i am not a cop.

We had someone at work that was the laziest person i have ever seen. He has been a deputy for 14 years or more and loves it. That does not mean all cops are lazy.

I have had my share of run in with cops. I have 2 different assault on a police officer and 2 resisting arrest. Both cops plus a lt lost there jobs and 2 others got wrote up. Thanks to the SBI and witnesses the cops did not know were there. They tried their best to frame me.

Also i know cops see bad things and people dont understand. I am prior military and understand brotherhood. Their is good and bad in every job. I will say there are a lot more good cops than bad. I understand you have to harden your feelings to make it day after day either that or you will go crazy but its your choice. If its not for you change jobs.

I have also seen some great cops. I was ran off the road by a drunk driver and the driver ended up in the ditch. My daughter was with me and was ok but crying. I made her stay in the car the man was drunk off his butt and slid to the passenger side of the car. When the HP got there he had a few bruises and asked me how that happened i told him he fell down a few times. The cop just laughed and said i wish i could make him fall down some more.

Just remember there is good and bad in all professions. I respect good cops. I got pulled over the other day and had an excellent encounter. When i totaled my car a while back i had a great encounter. I had to beg the HP to not call the ambulance. I got stopped for an expired license plate and told the cop i had a gun on my left hip and all he said was ok. I thanked him for letting me know and i told him i would have kept on driving it because i did not know about it. I went to the police chief and praised him for his officers conduct.

Like i said there is good and bad in every job and it is not for everybody. I know its not for me. I am not a people person. I could do swat though.
    edited November -1
    You know, I really respect what you've done here. You've spent a great deal of time here.

I know you don't like me, but that's okay.

As many here will tell you, I'm not a real like-able guy anyway.

So I guess I understand where I stand, with you...which is nowhere.

I should think no different, after all these years.

At the end of the day, I really do respect your efforts here.

(you really are one of the good guys in my mind...old man).

[;)]
    edited November -1
    David,Are you setting up at the Big Town Gun Show this weekend? If so, where will your table be?
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
    edited November -1
    How 'bout an update on Travis? Tell him we all say, "hi."

Edit: Also, tell him I wish I had had the oppertunity to drive an 1117.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Although i agree that your post was a good one and i for one am glad no cops were shot why stir the pot? I understand there are good and bad people in every job. There are a lot of people here can only get past the bad. Sometimes you might want to let some post slide or do you just want to rile the funny farm up? Just my 2 cents. PS Have a great day. David
    edited November -1
    David - Just courious, but have you ever been to Nunn,Co.???????[?]
    edited November -1
    Hey Nunn,

Your Southern post brought back an old memory.

Back in the mid to late 80's my captain was riding around one
    night. Stopped a speeder, guy was an up and coming pro wrestler (tv),
    about twice the size of the captain. Cap got him to sit in the front
    seat of the patrol car as he was writing out the ticket. The guy started trying to talk his way out of the ticket. Told the Capt. who
    he was, and told him most folks called him ????? (I can't remember his
    TV name). He asked the Capt. what folks called him? Cap looked at
    him and said "Most people call me Sir". That shut the guy up. Boy
    did the Capt. get a kick out of that.

Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now, I can buy more ammo.
    edited November -1
    What's going on in the archery forum??? Is Excaliber going to continue to be the moderator or does he even have a computer anymore??
    I will volunteer to be moderator; however, I do not have near the knowledge that Excaliber has. I would think there would be someone more suitable for the position, but I do have the time.
    Ben
    edited November -1
    Dave - I don't know if this has been asked before but has the Admin ever considered a Spell-Check program being added to the various forums?
    I'm a lousy typist and inevitably when I re-read a post that I wrote I find that I hit a wrong key or spelled a word incorrectly plus the fact that my eyes aren't getting any better with age.
    Anyway, I think it would be a big help to many of us.
    Regards,
    John
    edited November -1
    Is "He just needed killin'" a legal defense in Texas? [:D]
    edited November -1
    sir, is it possible for you to make the two giveaway threads "sticky" this would help immensly, as i know they will be acessed often. just a thought

SGT USMC

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
    edited November -1
    Do you have a shipping address? I got a present for you.

Ben
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    That was one of the most civil discussions on this forum religious or otherwise![:D]
    edited November -1
    How is Dawnie? Hope she is doing good. Prayers asked again. David
    edited November -1
    Any good cop stories from the last week or so that you can share with us?
    edited November -1
    I am sorry I riuned your T-day
    edited November -1
    Merry Xmas to you and your family. You are appreciated more than you know. I hope 2010 provides you and yours many blessings. [:)]
    edited November -1
    Just buy one size bigger than your pants size. If you wear 36" pants, go with 38" briefs. It will save the roll over of the waist band.
    edited November -1
    seen you on tv today.well it wasn't really you just someone with your name here is the artical but can't find your name in it.
    i think you were the dr. that had replies to there research.
    or is it really you and your doing a study on gun nuts

chris

yes i forgot to post the linkhttp://www.theindychannel.com/health/1816659/detail.html

Edited by - chris_ce on 12/03/2002 19:57:20
    edited November -1
    Hi Nunn: Sorry about all the commotion. Let me explain my position. You deleted my posts, leaving Clouder's, then said I used gutter language. I don't know who said what, but I never used anything remotely obscene. The term "shut down" was used because I was following your request to stop. You're the Marshall, the Boss, the Honcho, the Judge, here, and when you say stop, I do. When you said to go to neutral corners and wait for the bell, I did so and returned to the game. I follow the rules, so just tell me. Do you want me to leave Clouder alone or not? Just say the word and I'll fight or quit. Your choice. I'm sorry you won't judge our little challenge (as if Whiteclouder would ever face me alone, ha ha ha). I don't trust the others, as the board is rather tilted in Clouder's favor. Too bad, I promise you it would have been interesting.

The dust settled slowly in the street, as the crowd drifted away, like windswept smoke that lingers a moment, then disappears forever. Guns had blazed, bullets had sought their mark and a man was dying. Gasping, struggling for a last breath, he sought the eyes of his opponent and asked, "Why?" Like the angel of death, the triumphant gunman hovered over his vanquished foe. He bent over the corpse
    and whispered into a dead ear, "Because I HATE the ant and elephant story. That's why." Then thunderbolt strode away.
    edited November -1
    I didn't know that your squad car had satillite internet! You lucky duck. I bet you've got WiFi in there too! I know I would.
    edited November -1
    My apologies...my post was about the Health Care bill going through the senate and house. I should have been more clear.

I have no issue here. I should have worded my post better.

I am just sick with this "dark room" dealing, middle of the night, legislation...just to get the votes.

I'm sorry.

<just upset>
    edited November -1
    You've got mail.[:)]
    edited November -1
    You might like this:

A DOG'S PET PEEVES ABOUT HUMANS

1. When you run away in the middle of a perfectly good leg humping.

2. Blaming your farts on me...not funny.

3. Yelling at me for barking... I'M A FRIGGIN' DOG YOU IDIOT!!

4. How you naively believe that the stupid cat isn't all over
    everything while you're gone. (Have you noticed that your toothbrush
    tastes a little like cat butt?)

5. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out.
    Exactly who's walk is this anyway?

6. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose...stop it.

7. Yelling at me for rubbing my * on your carpet. Why'd you buy
    carpet?

8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry
    but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.

9. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the
    truth, you're just jealous.

10. Dog sweaters. DUH! Have you noticed the fur?

11. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we
    chew your **** up when you're not home.

12. When you pick up the crap piles in the yard. Do you realize how
    far behind schedule that puts me?

13. Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised
    when I freak out every time we go back.

14. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! What
    a proud moment for the top of the food chain, you nitwit.

15. Invisible fences. Why do you insist on screwing with us? To my
    knowledge, all of dogdom hasn't yet solved the visible fence problem!!

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, NRA ILA EVC, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    militarybest_1732_9663365
    edited November -1
    David,

I finally found a pop-up blocker for my internet, but I recall you saying something onetime about a good spam blocker. Could you give me that information again.

Thanks,

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
    edited November -1
    You have ,hopefully, email. Tom
    edited November -1
    Wheres pics of the new addition to the family? And while we are on a personal level, hows the niece Ashley doing?
    edited November -1
    I sent mail , let me know when you get it.
    Thanks
    Dan
    edited November -1
    nunn, how observant you are(n't) ... the font is [maroon] and I've been using it for nearly as long as I've been on this site. My reason for using this color has nothing to do with lies or truths.

If I were you nunn, I would try to remember that its very rude to call someone a liar without a legitimate reason ... its not good for one's health, especially where I come from. I take great offense to this and at the very minimum, one can lose ALL respect for the accuser. [V][V]

quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Rogue: Brown font is for lies.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=529475#4287605
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the guidance with "chiefmcd".

It's all taken care of.
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. When my Granddad retired, they gave him his service revolver, handcuffs and Badge in a shadow box as a retirement gift. When my Uncle retired, they gave him his service revolver. Will they give you your service weapon or just a watch? Don
    edited November -1
    Nunn would you please explain. You personally started a post stating that you had been denied access to the Wolf City, TX, site. This AM I was searching for this post to review replies and it's been poofed. Did you personally delete this topic, and if so, why?

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday sir.
    edited November -1
    made me smile. My grandma said fiddlesticks all the time. Brought me back.[:)]
    edited November -1
    Who do I contact to thank and to let know the stuff arrived? I am talking about the stuff from GB for auction? And if you had something to do with it[;)] thank you sir.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited