In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

84Bravo1

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
HI Ken: My daughter finally got back to me on the photos. She said they seem to be pretty old but no credits to the shooter.

Also said some were in pretty sensitive areas! Whatever that means?

Said the "windows" were a hoot. Tom

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Montanajoe has not received an e-mail from you.
    [;)]
    edited November -1
    I worked at a big engine plant and i carried a 380 every day in my front pocket. I have crawled in pits to weld. If you can think of any position to get in i have been there.

I keep a Ruger 380 in my front pocket all the time. Even at the doctors office.

I have had 3 Irishmen threaten to kill me so i am armed with 1 gun always and 2 guns most of the time.

With a front pocket holster in blue jeans it does not print much.
    edited November -1
    I thought you would like to know what is REALLY in taco Bell's beef...errr or whatever you want to call it. Even according to the USDA rules, it can't be considered beef according to this lawsuit

The good news is, that maybe they'll start putting beef in their tacos after this lawsuit... I mean, stranger things have happened[:D]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jezebel.com/5742413/this-is-what-really-hides-in-taco-bells-beef/amp
    edited November -1
    Where's my money man??? My dinero my clams my cabbage my moola my jacksons my dough???
    edited November -1
    Ken, anything on the new dog front??????? Oakie
    edited November -1
    Harbor freight used to have them then try tractor supply good luck
    edited November -1
    I received the desiccant from your giveaway. Thank you so much!!
    edited November -1
    I just finished packing up your Winchester .22 Mag rifle and it will be on its way to Shady Valley, Tenn. tomorrow via UPS. Tracking info is as follows:and you should have it End of Day Wednesday, Oct 31, 2018. Thank you Buddy and enjoy!!
    edited November -1
    Ken, how is buddy doing tonight????? Prayers for him. I have not had you guys out of my mind all day. Hoping for the best and a lot less pain for buddy. Oakie
    edited November -1
    Ken, how you doing today ?????? Hope your wounds heal quickly, but not that quick. Give it time brother. Buddy will always be with you in spirit.[:)] Good ones are hard to replace or forget. Oakie
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to let you know your FN FS FOURTY is in a priority mail box and I will get it to the post office tomorrow morn.
    You know I couldn't help but notice this pistol looked a lot better in the pictures than it does in person.What's up with dat??[:)]
    edited November -1
    You Da Man Bro!! Way to go!!
    edited November -1
    G'mornin Ken. By chance, did you receive my Email last night? [;)]

Jim
    edited November -1
    You ask for a recipe for my spicy pickled sausages... They're so easy to make, your dog could even make them... That's if he doesn't eat them before they're made[:D]

I really don't follow an exact recipe usually. But this is close.

And sometimes I forgo the water and add hot sauce at the same amount and skip the red pepper flakes. I really like them made with Habanero hot sauce. but I bet you if you really want to kick up the heat you can cut a very small amount Carolina Reapers and use that for the Heat.

This recipe makes a one quart jar of pickled sausage. Scale up or down as desired.

1/2 cup water_- 2 cups white vinegar
    1/2 tbs Ground Cayenne Pepper
    1 tbs red pepper flakes 1 tsp minced Garlic.
    1 tbs dried minced onions, but I usually slice up an onion and just throw the onion slices in it. I loved spicy pickled onions too 1 tsp Paprika
    1/2 tsp white pepper
    1 tbs salt
    Lg pinch all spice-
    28 oz pkg Hillshire Farms 'lil Smokies, or other precooked link sausage, cut in two. (MUST be precooked!) Kielbasa sliced about 1/2 inch thick works also. But I'll usually use kielbasa or Italian sausages sliced size and a slit down the side of them so that the juices from the Brian can get into the middle of them, Hot dogs just don't work.
    Any other herbs and spices that you think would taste good at.

Directions

1* On medium-high heat, combine the water, salt, vinegar, herbs and spices.
    2* Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes in a well ventilated area, Like I said in my previous post, I use my to girder portable range top and do this outside. That way it doesn't smell up my house
    3* Place precooked sausage into a 1 qt sterile jar. Fill jar but don't pack tightly.
    4* Pour the hot vinegar mixture in with the sausage, If there isn't enough, add some vinegar. Secure the lid.
    5* Let cool, then place in the 'frige. And shake up the mixture at least once a day for the first 10 days so bad all your herbs and spices don't settle to the bottom.
    keep Refrigerated after opening.

When opened for the first time, there will be a layer of fat on top and the underside of the lid, remove if you want too.

Now the hard part starts. Waiting the 10 days to enjoy, so that the sausages sucks up the taste.

Spicy pickled eggs are made the same way except using eggs instead of sausage.

You can also make both the sausages and eggs at the same time in the same canning jar. That way after you open them, you only have to refrigerate one jar at a time..
    edited November -1
    84Bravo,

If your thread having disappeared was my fault than please allow me to extend an apology...

If my involvement brought more negative attention in your direction let me state that I am sorry...

If my remarks have crossed the line or caused you grief than know that was not my intention - I regret if I interfered with your post or was perceived as high jacking your thread...

At no point did I intend to escalate the operational tempo for the conversation or to accelerate the dissolution of the discussion.

I certainly lost my temper and perhaps let my normally firm control over my thread response filter slip somewhat.

In no way and at no time did I wish to imply that you needed my help or were unable to defend yourself against the predictably shallow and pedantic assault on your character or the associated thread jacking attempt that was already in progress.

I have struggled somewhat with self control recently and allowed my personal demons to distract me from my normal mission parameters - especially when witness to pointless attacks against those I respect and consider my peers.

So please if you or the captain or other admin and mods think I was out of line or caused a noticeable bad faith disruption and demonstrated poor self control or bad behavior you have my apology - I regret it if I have caused you any trouble or disrupted the forum.

No excuse sir.

Mike
    edited November -1
    Way to hang in there Ken!! Only three days to go.
    edited November -1
    Hasn't posted for a spell. That's not like him.
    You out there?
    edited November -1
    I remember you getting a tablet but i forgot which tablet you bought. Also which phone and phone provider do you have.

Thanks David
    edited November -1
    I noticed you're going to have tacos again tonight

If you like tacos you'll love this recipe. It's the bomb

Basically you use all the same ingredients you do for a taco, but you use crescent roll dough to make a ring to put your meat into instead of using tortillas, and then bake it until the dough is golden Brown. I guess you could call it Gourmet tacos... The recipe is as follows

www.geniuskitchen.com/amp/recipe/taco-ring-from-pampered-chef-81160
    edited November -1
    Only 22 hours and 24 minutes left. Good luck!![:)]
    edited November -1
    If you really want a fox in your backyard you can buy them as pets... Although you would have to train your dog to be accustomed to it before you let them out alone together

www.tinytracksexoticanimals.com/fox.html
    edited November -1
    Ken, think I recalled you lived in Greenwood Lake before move to TN. Wondered if you remember Annie Rabbit from over that way. She was NY Assemblywoman for our district and fought the good fight in Albany. She got beat up pretty bad by sheer numbers in Albany and ran for Orange County clerk and won.

Well Annie is A+++++++++++++++++ pro gun and she is now running for NY State Senate. I believe she has a lot of respect from folks in our District and all Upstate and Western NY sheriffs. I sure hope she makes it back to Albany. Maybe there is still hope for us.
    edited November -1
    Hang in there brother...

Breath in - breath out.

Don't let a hater burn up your GBGD time - you home time - your off of work time - your dog time.

Please remember if a hater brings it so hard you get locked out or banned or kicked off you have let them win...

And dissapointed me - I need my team here to be here - and you are on that team.

Mike
    edited November -1
    I hope this week is going much better for you than last week. [^]
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Did you see the Ricci thread??
    edited November -1
    Ken, wish you well today. Let us know how ya make out.
    edited November -1
    Is this you Ken? I know how you are with your taco Bell[;)][}:)][:D]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDQPymapiA
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Pretty rough morning, better afternoon.

There are 350 on my shift. I know a lot of them, and they know me. Word made its way through the plant on why I was out Friday, and then again on Monday.

A lot of people approached me to offer condolences. It was still pretty raw, for me. (I was not really ready to discuss it.) I teared up and couldn't talk most of the time. People could see I was pretty upset.

My afternoon was bettet, once I got through all that.

A coworker told me he had seen a "young Bassett Hound" at the shelter close to work this past Sat. I got the number and called at 2:30 when I got off work. Shelter said they did not have a Bassett, and had not in a few weeks. (??)

Later this evening I left a message at a local Rescue Shelter/Service about what had happened and could you be on the lookout for a Bassett for me.

I'm down, but not out. [|)]
    edited November -1
    Hang tough bro. I went right out and got another best friend, when Mine died a few years ago. It helped to ease the pain a lot and we quickly became good pals. She even likes riding on my motorcycle. Getting her new goggles and a leather helmet this spring. Donna is going to make her a little vest. [:)]Oakie