In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ffl

CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Does anyone know how I can get the phone number of a ffl? Or to find if one is real?

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes

Comments

• CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i suppose with the current administration, that it is next to impossible to obtain a ffl.....right or wrong?
    edited November -1
    I would like to get my FFL. How much of a pain in the is it to get one? Where do I start? Thanks all.
    edited November -1
    I sent for my application for a FFL AND I WAS TOLD I HAD TO HAVE A STORE IN ORDER TO GET ONE IS THIS A FACT OR ANOTHER GAME OF OUR GOVERNMENT.

Bill Ferguson
    edited November -1
    Just curious does anyone know how much it costs to get your Federal Firearms License?
    edited November -1
    My dad has His FFL. If he wanted to send me a gun, would it have to go to another ffl in order for me to get it? I dont think he should have to. I live in Illinois and he lives in Minnisota. Just wondering. Him having his ffl may complicate things.

Thanks

Larry
    edited November -1
    do you have one? did you use one of those FFL kits or did you just fill out the forms on your own?
    edited November -1
    Hey guys I recently applied for an FFL (on 3-9-2010) I noticed that my check has cleared the bank, How long usually before the ATF will contact me for an interview?
    edited November -1
    To those of you that have an FFL. How difficult/expensive is it to obtain? I guess the reason I'm asking is I got to thinking and once I get my credit card paid off, I'd really like to start adding to my collection. Is it worth the hassle and saved money of not having to pay a transfer cost and having to go pick up the weapon if you purchase a lot of firearms?
    thanks
    edited November -1
    can anyone tell me how to get an ffl?
    edited November -1
    can anyone give me a name or a site where i can find an ffl dealer in the st louis area on the ill side that would accept a firearm i purchased? BELLEVILLE, FAIVIEW HGTS. OFALLON,MASCOUTAH, MILLSTADT,FREEBURG. THANK YOU/CARL
    edited November -1
    Ive been reading some of the postings here about FFLs,being a owner of a gunshop you have to sell and meet certian Fedral,state and county city laws.
    Are you required to sell a certian amount of firearms to statify the BATFE?
    I used to work with a guy and he obtained his FFL and operated his business out of his house after work hours.
    What if you specialize in doing just one thing like transfers?
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    Any one in here ever have dealings with me on a gun, I will when necessary provide you with a FFL liscense, other than that, I dont supply that info..

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    BIG DOG
    wheelie.gif
    edited November -1
    looking to get a ffl in Tennessee where should I start? What is involved?
    edited November -1
    I would like to obtain a FFL. I've seen these adds that for $34.95 they tell you everything you need to know. (do they work, and are they worth the money?) Can someone please point me in the correct direction and I'll handle it from there. Please point out any major stumbling block most commonly encountered.

Thanking you in advance. There has to be an expert on this one, even though I listed it as general discussion.
    edited November -1
    I am considering obtaining an FFL, I have all the paperwork and know everything I have to do to get it. What I want to know is, would it be worth all the trouble to go through with it. I have a insurmountable love for guns and everything about them. I would love to translate that love into a business and profit from it.

I would love some feedback from some people who have obtained one and are currently operating small time businesses with them.

Thank you very much.
    edited November -1
    would it be possible to get a ffl just for buying and selling on the internet or would you have to have a store of some type
    edited November -1
    What is involved in getting a ffl license? My uncle asked me this morning and I told him I did'nt know. Thought I would ask you guys!
    edited November -1
    if a faxed ffl is ok to use to ship by how bout a copy that is emailed to ya?
    edited November -1
    So I bought a gun and contacted an FFL on another website I frequent to do the transfer. UPS attempts delivery the first time, nobody there. I call him he was out of town. 2nd attempt, says he was there all day, 3rd attempt, nobody there. Call him, he says its his 2nd job and he's only there during lunch. Well WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT TO START WITH?
  • Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried using GunBroker's FFL Locator?
    edited November -1
    EVIL: thank you i found it. i knew it was there but memory is the first thin to go, i cant remember what the second is!!!!! anyway the gun is now being shipped and i have a new gun shop to go to. my dealer is retiring and his retirement party is tommorow so i was looking for another anyway. thanks again. carl