In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thank you

deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
Thanks for the prayers and best wishes for my mom. She has no cancer and just inflamation. They gave her antibiotics and said she should be ok. Thanks again David

Comments

• deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn or whoever it was.
    edited November -1
    ...who ever deleted that, I was doing it at the same time.

[:D]
    edited November -1
    I want to say thank you to the medic who posted those pictures of those horrific crashes. As i was on my way home i sped up to about 75 to blend with traffic, and then those images popped into my head, and i slowed down to the posted speed limit, felt much safer, and im sure i probably got home in the same amount of time i would have if had been going 75. its only about a 20-25 minute drive home. Again thank you!
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the idea of Fibromialgia. I go to my family doctor next month and will ask her about it. Its sad to say it gives me something to look forward too. Thanks again. David
    edited November -1
    To all of you that have serviced and are now serving.
    Our country would not be where it is today without all of you.
    edited November -1
    PFC 826622 Jan 21 1944 / July 26 1946
    5th Marine Division 28th Marines

Dadww2pic.jpg

dadwwIIpic.jpg

1dadphoto1.jpg
    edited November -1
    Twice in 2 days, I have been shocked into total silence... one was visiting the Vietnam wall, and the other was when I read the posts directed to me from robsguns...

I had no idea of what was going on as I had not bothered to read the post started by aglore.... I had read the first part yes... and it was decided to give it to Justin.... I seen the length growing every day, but assumed it was well wishes for Justin and congratulations....Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine what was going on in that post.

My first reaction was to refuse the rifle... it is much to generous a gift... and most important... I did not and will not expect payment for helping another person....but I read the posts, talked at length with Classic, cried... (yea I know.. typical woman) and tried to get some reasoning into why you were giving me a gun.... I have done nothing to deserve such a gift and am humbled that you wish me to have it...

So it is with heartfelt gratitude that I will accept the rifle from aglore and the rest of the forum... I have never owned a gun of my own, but always used daddy's guns or my ex's.... Yes I do use Classic's and they are in truth ours... but never one of my own...

Aglore, your generousity is overwhelming to say the least, and to the rest of the forum that voted for me... thank you.....

Beth
    edited November -1
    For some great entertainment, on a 2-page thread that unfortunately I had to poof. It was good while it lasted though.

Some of you fell for that line of BS, hook, line and sinker. It was a hoot.
    edited November -1
    I posted this in the original thread but thought I would make it a separate post in case some of you missed it.

Thank you all for the prayers. The wife and I truly appreciate that. She has appointments this week for a CT, Bone Scan and MRI to see if it has spread as they found cancer in her lymph nodes during the Biopsy. Continued good thoughts are welcomed.. And for the ones who remember me, thanks as well. For anyone wanting to reach me please use the email attached to my login here on GunBroker. For those wishing me to call I am afraid I no longer have anyones phone number. For that I apologize.. If you want me to call I will need your number once again.
    edited November -1
    To all who responded by email to my "Pi$$ed" post.

Your insight, opinions, and various experiences are appreciated. I had a good while to cool off before we actually spoke.

There is no speaking going on now, not by my choice, but my points were well taken.

Thanks again.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
    edited November -1
    'Dear Lord: Thank you for bringing me to Timmy's house and not to Michael Vick's -- AMEN!'

ATT00013.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone who gave gifts to the children this year and all the other years.

Merry Christmas David

Oh and thanks to the people who gave my 3 grand kids gifts also.

Cameron got another knife this year along with the knife he got last year. That makes about 6 knives he has.

I need to make a nice display case for his knifes.

Thanks again

David
    edited November -1
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers and good thoughts for my mom today. The doctor is pretty sure there is no cancer. They did a biopsy but the results will not be back till Monday. Thanks again i really appreciate it. I would rather keep my cancer and die than my mom be sick. Thanks David
    edited November -1
    Thank you Grandpa, Uncle Grayson and Ollie, Dad and my 1st cousin Calvin for your service to our Nation. Especially Calvin (KIA 11/23/1967 B Co, 3rdBn ,21st Inf, 196th Inf BDE, Americal Div. USAV) I wished Calvin and I could dam up the creek and go fishing one more time. I guess I am the last in the family that got sprinkled with Mule Dust. To all you Vets out there, Thank you.
    Ray
    edited November -1
    Thank You to every service man/woman past, present, and future. I greatly appreciate everything you do for this country.
    edited November -1
    I have a ML3 for my colt and today the barska electro sight just showed up. I won it in a giveaway on here thank you.It didnt have the back spring but I went through my little tool box for my guns and found one that work. You dont need to send it if you find it. Thank you very much, its going on my CMMG/ spikes rifle for tomorrow at the range, here it is The Dillo wanted to check it out also.

Coolpix076.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all of the responses I got to my "Jerky" thread. I made a bunch of it in the oven this weekend and it turned out great! I'm going to be looking into a Foodsaver II soon so that I can make a bunch and vacuum-seal it for a camping trip that I'm planning to take in March.
    edited November -1
    To the members of this forum that put up with me during this time of crisis I have been going through, It totally blew my mind to hear what had happened and some of the remarks that I have had to fend off concerning what a friend did, that I had no control over. That coupled with the "Whys" and "what did I miss" and the grief, I might not have been the easiest person to live with. I dont know if I will ever be able to comprehend exactly "Why" or "What" transpired with my friend and his family. I can at this stage of my grief, and yes "anger" try to keep a positive attitude . So thank those of you that had feelings and expressed your condolences to me and Beth.
    edited November -1
    I would like to thank each and everyone of your thoughts and prayers I will truly miss him, he loved his GunBroker family and talked about all of you with deep regards, After being together for 19 years and never being separated, will be a very hard adjustment, but with the good Lord, we will get through this!! He will be missed by everyone, he didn't know a stranger!! Thank you again and God bless all of you and your families.
    edited November -1
    For some of the best hospitality I have ever seen on such short notice Tim, Chris and family, Lonnie and family(even though we did not get to meet them, they have to be top notch) Charlie, Wendy and Sarah and Ryan, Stacy, Bill and Mary. Also was a pleasure meeting your mother Ryan. The short time my wife and I spent with each family will be cherished for the rest of our lives. If ever anyone of you get the oppurtunity to come this way, my door will be always opened. Even though I am a person of meager means, what's mine is yours.

PS: Sarah I know it is hard to lose another pet, but keep your chin up as things can only get better.

PSS: Lonnie how did the hound perform at the competition?

PSSS: Bill hope things work out well tomorrow when you get your stitches removed.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

Buy firearms on the installment plan and Play while you Pay.

aglore@gci.net
    edited November -1
    Things have gotten better over the past week. I have been writing in a journal and I think it has been helpful. I have 2 friends that are constantly calling and testing me to see how I am. The only time I seem to having a really hard time with is night time. Next month October will be a hard month to cope with anniversary, birthday, and Halloween. My favorite holiday. We used to go to Galena IL for their parade. Being alone is ok, not great yet but ok. I have a great dog and she is always happy to see me even after I go get the mail. I just want to say thanks for listening.
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say "Thank You ", to all that replied to my needs on the stock for my 30-30.
    Wanted to let you know that I had not forgetten you, I work out of town and only get home on the weekends to see my family. So i just now ( this morning ) saw all the e-mails to me.

Again Thank You ALL.

loader

P.S. will be calling a few of you for more information.
    edited November -1
    Would like to say Thank You to all that replied to my question on this forums in regards to a shipping matter . i thought that gun broker was a good place to get a answer to your question. Thanks to all for the help. Great bunch of guys here. (drpepper)
    edited November -1
    IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

My son and I spent over 4 hours just walking through Arlington National Cemetery yesterday.

There are not words to convey the impact of just being on this hallowed ground.
    edited November -1
    to the Veterans of the Army, Navy ,Airforce ,Marines, Coast Guard, Police, Firefighters,and Paramedics/EMT
    A hearty Thank You for a job WELL DONE...God bless[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to say thanks to the folks who run this site and the moderators that allow me to use it.I recently put an item I was looking for on the want ad forum and someone answered my WTB request and now the item is in my loading room.Thanks again,Bob.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. My Dad means the world to me. I can honestly say my Dad was the nicest and most respectful man i have ever known.

To be my Dad and for him to get made only 4 or 5 times with me as his son tells you a lot. He never was mad at me. I got spankings but he was not mad.

The only time i have ever seen him mad was if someone was rude to my Mom. My dad was the oldest of 5, 2 boys and 2 girls. All of them still living. All of my Dads brothers and sisters are really good people also.

Thank you again for the prayers. I need them because now i am lost.
    edited November -1
    Just a post to all who have and are currently serving in our military .

Thanks for your service and sacrifices you have made for all of us.

for those who did not make it a prayer and may they rest in peace
    edited November -1
    To all veterans and those still on active duty. My family thanks you for all our freedoms. The Taggart's
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    My first auction has sold and the second is going pretty good, and I wanted to say thank you. When I get some of this money I will be having a pistol giveaway I think. If not I will find something else and have a give away. But thank you again.
    edited November -1
    Thank you to all the people that have served our country in the military (and I will include law enforcement).
    edited November -1
    I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHO I HAVE I HAVE TO GIVE THANKS TO... THE MOD THAT I'M THANKFUL FOR......YOU SAVE ME FROM ALL SORTS OF ENBARRESMENT SIR
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    to whom ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!