In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

confused

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Saw an ad on GB that said C&R with copy of drivers license. Is that something new ?

Comments

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They can pay them a bonus and holiday pay but they cannot pay them.

quote:The bonus is "in recognition of their hard work during yet another busy holiday travel season, maintaining the highest of security standards during an extraordinary period," Pekoske wrote on Twitter.

The $500 award, as well as payment for those who worked on December 22, should appear in screeners' accounts in the next few days.

One TSA official compared the agency's efforts to find any available means to push payments out to officers to looking for loose change under cushions. There is a clear sense of frustration at TSA headquarters over the situation, given that the shutdown substantially limits the options to pay essential staff who are working.

The number of TSA employees are calling in sick is on the rise. Miami International Airport closed one of its concourses in the afternoons this weekend as a "precautionary measure" after TSA officers' sick calls doubled during the week. Federal employees are not permitted to strike by law.

While screening times have stayed relatively consistent nationally, sick calls climbed higher on Saturday -- up 70 percent from the same day a year ago. Still, more than 94 percent of staff reported as scheduled.

Assistant Administrator for Public Affairs Michael Bilello tweeted a statement Saturday "security standards remain uncompromised at our nation's airports," despite the sick calls.

"Nationwide, TSA screened 1.96 million passengers yesterday ... 99.9 percent of passengers waited less than 30 minutes; 95 percent of passengers less than 15 minutes," he said.

However, TSA leaders remain worried about a national "tipping point," when screeners look elsewhere for work.

"It's profoundly unfair and almost disrespectful to put us in the middle of this debate over border security when we have absolutely nothing to do with it," TSA officer Mike

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tsa-workers-to-get-dollar500-bonuses-during-shutdown/ar-BBS9HcB?li=BBnb7Kz
    edited November -1
    I was looking through the auctions and saw one for an IPSC CZ-75. At least, I think it was. The first photo is obviously a CZ; but, what is the second photo further down the page. Could it be a 2 for 1 deal? Fat chance, LOL.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=28095929

"I choose battles I believe to be just."
    edited November -1
    My missus packed my bags, and as I
    walked out the front door, she screamed,
    "I wish you a slow and painful death,
    you buzzard!"
    "Oh," I replied, "so now you want
    me to stay!"
    edited November -1
    My 16 yr old Son wanted to go to camp again this year. Had weeks to prepare. Mom and i took him to town to get items on list. Could not find all items so i sent them to Gander Mtn. and they spent much $$. Morning of day to leave Son has not completely packed, can't find all the items he said we already had at home. I am in a frenzy trying to find every thing he needs, the pressure builds up after a while i get pissed and rant a while to let off steam. I ask if he has enough money, says he has none, although he has a fair amount in the bank. Him and his Mother had much time to prepare while i work 2 jobs. I hand him all i have in my billfold, say have a good time. Mother tells me later on their way to camp, Son says when he turns 18 he's leaving home and cutting all contact with me. Now that hurts. I don't get mad unless i have a legitimate reason to, but then im usually pretty hot. I know he was mad at me but i just did not want him to be at camp unprepared.
    edited November -1
    quote:CRESWELL, Ore. ? A search is under way near 2nd Street in Creswell, as Lane County Sheriff's Office searches for a man who is evading officers.

Officials are asking people to stay out of the downtown Creswell area while they conduct the search.

Been going to that town for close to 30 years. I did not know it had a Downtown.
    edited November -1
    I am confused with a couple of words I have been thinking about lately and I know that the intelectual elite of GB will be able to help.

1. If you walk into a room and find you are totally out of your element and you ultimately lose your composier, have you become decomposed?

2. If a couple is engaged in adult intimate relations (having sex) and they accidentally become pregnant, is that to be considered a misconception?

3. If a couple is desperately wanting to have a baby, and they have lots of sex one night, so much so that both feel they have conceived a child, only to find out they didn't, would that be considered a misconception?
    edited November -1
    How do u guys do it? I haven't had a gun more than a few days and already I'm confused about the law. In the state of Indiana can I give this away or not? The more I learn about guns the more I see that the laws are messed up. The laws are to protect us, but the laws hurt us because we are the ones losing our rights. Criminals don't care about the laws so it doesn't even effect them. The laws take the gun our of our hands and puts it into the hands of the criminal. Now that messed up.
    At least in ATV's your main consern is I'm I riding on private property. That'll get you shot in hills of Kentucky.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Suffer You Ol' B@$%^rd[;)][;)]
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

I am gonna use this one if you do not mind. LOL
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

I am gonna use this one if you do not mind. LOL

Use it! I would steal it, if I had a bad one.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
    edited November -1
    They just can't seem to make up their mind

A husband in his back yard is trying to fly a kite.

He throws the kite up in the air, the wind catches it for a few seconds, then it comes crashing back down to earth.

He tries this a few more times with no success.

All the while, his wife is watching from the kitchen window, muttering to herself how men need to be told how to do everything.

She opens the window and yells to her husband,

"You need a piece of tail."

The man turns with a confused look on his face and says,

"Make up your mind. Last night, you told me to go fly a kite."
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][;)][;)][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaah[:0]quote:Originally posted by savage170
    They just can't seem to make up their mind

A husband in his back yard is trying to fly a kite.

He throws the kite up in the air, the wind catches it for a few seconds, then it comes crashing back down to earth.

He tries this a few more times with no success.

All the while, his wife is watching from the kitchen window, muttering to herself how men need to be told how to do everything.

She opens the window and yells to her husband,

"You need a piece of tail."

The man turns with a confused look on his face and says,

"Make up your mind. Last night, you told me to go fly a kite."
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]Again!