In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rosie...

ToolbabeToolbabe Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2003 in General Discussion
Did you get the "axe" for your grandson? If he has it, how is he doing on your trees?...

I have been looking for a post from you on his progress with those trees...Now you have to teach him about "selective harvesting"...

My daughter used to call her toy axe a tommy hatchet....from tomahawk and hatchet I guess...come to think of it, she still calls any axe a tommy hatchett....

cute_skunk.gif

Hudson.gif
Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Comments

• ToolbabeToolbabe Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess your email is still down as the email I sent you came back as undeliverable...
    edited November -1
    Dear rosie I am always putting things to either one end of the scale or the other, on here[GB] cause I either dont get close to people or let the evil side of me out, to see who are my real friends

On gb so far most are friendly but I also have a cool addition that my brain damage makes it hard for me to remember who was mean to me last...

I am amazed at some of the ugly things some members say to each other! On the whole most are good ole boys that like guns blarin' and good women, home cookin and cars, tools and skirts on girls, red white and blue flags, reedom and trycicle-moters. [some really did pay attention in government class too I have been impressed on several occasions.]

I try to ask Tools weather or not I am right or just blowing smoke. I almost never stir but will fly in your face if I think there is warrent. I look at lots of stuff on gb but if I tryed to put something on here every time I wanted too I would not ever get any thing done! boy would tools be mad then.... What ...No.... Supper?????

about the child subject ..If you have not been there you can only touch the top of the feelings. When I was in college [Yesss they let bad spellers in Perdue]I had to write a paper on criminal behavior and wrote about my rape to show a different side of the criminal mind. I was worried as I had never felt brave enough to put it on paper before.

I went to a math teacher in the libarary, that I had tutored with cause I liked her and she seemed honest.
    I asked her to read the paper to see if I had crossed t's and dotted i's. She began to read and had a horrified look on her face she sat down and I thought my goose was cooked [I was gonna have to rewrite the whole thing] I held out my hand to take it back and she pulled me on to the seat next to her and tears were running down her face?
    I said whats wrong , is it that bad ? do I need to start all over?
    No no...honey did this happen to you? she grabbed me and held me close and said she was so so sorry!

I was floored! Sorry sorry for what?

Right after tools and I were married I made pork chops for supper and when the kids left the table I went around and gathered the plates to wash and went in the kitchen. I began to "clean the plates" he said What are you doing?
    I said I was eating the best part, the bones! He said I didnt need to knaw on the bones. He took me to the table and forced me to look at the still full platter and pick a chop and eat it[after he cut away the bone] Why do you eatonly the bones?
    I had only been given the bones and was told I was lucky to get the best part, when I was a child.

It never occoured to me to NOT give my child food or that anyone would ever feel any of the hurt I have felt .
    to this day the math teacher was the only person I have seen cry for me tools is the only person who has made me see I am entitled to food and showers and covers on the bed.Families dont make only one child sleep on the floor in the basement and the others get to have beds,sheets and blankets.
    wow was that a thought, I deserve food like other people eat!

For the most part people [men]go around fixing things! I have found that I either have to tell tools that a problem arose and I fixed it already Or tell him up front I dont need advice, I just want him to nod his head like he is listening.
    for a man to read my story is too frustraiting and they feel overwhelemed with "feelings" they cant prosses or dont want to, cause how can they "fix" it now?
    this is why men like things at a distance, frankly men have had to kill animals and other people for years just to survive and as a woman I could do this to feed my family or to keep us alive.
    as a woman I would be happy to hold a child close or to listen to another person tell me their sadness.
    Men are not so good at this, a child in need is usually easy but a grown woman....and there is also the bad guy alive and well in the state of Mo.
    so you say why dont they rise up and stamp out these people ...cause you get sent to jail for stuff like this!

and then can have [same]sex with males or leave injured people hanging in your windshield and get no punnishment or a slap on the hand if you say well I have a gambelng problem or I was so drunk ,,,,,,

the only one who can really love you "the good and the bad" is God and he can show you how to love yourself even if it is in tiny little bits.
    people are like animals some times and pick on any percived weakness, just stand up and tell them to go suck on a fish!

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    Oh my God! is the beginning of a prayer, not a one liner!
    We come into this life with nothing, everything after this is our treasure
    edited November -1
    You have email from me.

Doug
    edited November -1
    I tried emailing you but it came back as undeliverable, so I will ask again the question I asked on the thread about the shotgun...YOu mentioned you had an O/U in need of repair...By chance is it an Ithaca?...
    Our shotgun went out yesterday after talking to the gunsmith via the phone a few times...very very nice guy, very reasonable as well....Let me know what the O/U is okay...

BTT ...
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Toolbabe,

I don't know what to say, other than it is my belief that there are some animals who walk around in human form, but are not human beings. It is also my belief that these people will be judged by a higher power and will pay for their deeds. God bless you, and I am sorry that we wern't there to defend you, because I would have. You are in my prayers that God will heel all of you wounds. They are in my prayers that God will begin dealing with them while they are still here on earth.

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
    edited November -1
    Thank you -D-, I am thankful each time I find some one brave enough to say they would have helped. I hope you dont think I hate all men or thinK they are all slobs, on the contrary I like men and work well with them because I feel I know what level they are on and this is usualy shown right away.You know, a man's man, or good guy regular joe or butt head or snake or slime. this works for women too but it is sooo hard to tell what catagory they fit into untill they sneak up and slit your throat , women are sneaky and some times more instinktual than men...

oes any body have a dictionary to give away????

Rosie said in a earlyer post that he just wanted someone to be with him and hold him as a lonely child....later he said he felt ..."Not quoteing" like no one payed any attention and superflous items were hounded. I just wanted to let him know that it is a typical responce to something people are afraid of [meaning] only that they "cant" fix it "now" and they are right in saying to themselves I was just a child at the time and could not have done anything any way.
    this is healthy as the children who go through bad stuff acctualy think they would have been able to change the problem but didnt try hard enough or long enough or needed a majic word and didnt know what it was.
    Not untill I was an adult and an old one at that did I realize one person could mean soooo much to other people. This is a great concept and I can only hope it is a concept more people believe in and use, than not.

I wish I wasnt so long winded and could stop writing books every time I get on here!

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    dheff...
    There is no animal in human form that could have done all that to Toolbabe and to a lot of others...
    Animals..no hon..animals love..dogs, cats all pets even the wild animals...they dont hurt unless attacked or the young are in danger.......
    Humans do it..they cause all the hurt...they rape, they torture, they make you feel very small and worthless...
    Do animals do that?..no...only humans

Been there...

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    BIG DOG
    wheelie.gif
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Toolbabe, Wednesday I will receive news that will effect my life more than anything has ever done before.

I have spent the last few days thinking about ME. I am not educated enough to put into words how your letter has affected me.

I do know that God did his work through you're hands this day. I truly believe he only picks very special people to carry out his plans. You Lady are a very special person in my heart.

My God bless you, And hold you close.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Toolbabe...... Very well put....... Great letter of enlightment..
    Thank you for the "food for thought"

God Bless
    Jamie

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
    <')))><

<')))><
    edited November -1
    Varmit-hunter I cant imagine that my "books" ahve had much efect but I can say what ever you are facing I will be happy to rejoice with your additions and so sorrow in your hours of darkness , this is all I can give but you have it always
    Lin

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Toolbabe and BR,

I know what it takes to be a real man. It takes a man who will protect his family to the death if need be. A man who is not ashamed to bend his knee before God or to help a child, friend or even stranger in need, yet strong enough to stand firm on his convictions and be a loving and caring head of his household. A man who will be the final decision maker, but at the same time consider everyone in his family FIRST, and put himself LAST when need be. A man who will be a disciplinarian, and can do it without injuring anyone, physically or emotionally. The type of man who is called a "strong and Godly man" here in the south. It's a hard row to hoe, but you sleep a lot better at night. I had a great example in my father, and he taught me well. I fall short some days, but I never stop trying.

I have found that modern women will say they don't like these strong men, and will marry one they can control instead. When they loose respect for the wimp, they marry an over-controller and go to the other extreme. If they could only see that a good, strong man will both provide for them and protect them. By the time they figure it out, the good men are taken because there just aren't many of them left.

These statements will draw a lot of criticism here, but the one who criticize need to take a good gut check of their own manhood.

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    quote:I have found that modern women will say they don't like these strong men, and will marry one they can control instead. When they loose respect for the wimp, they marry an over-controller and go to the other extreme. If they could only see that a good, strong man will both provide for them and protect them. By the time they figure it out, the good men are taken because there just aren't many of them left.

Atta boy Heff: I couldn't have said it better!
    My Ex left me and the two kids to move in with a wife beating, ex convict,
    I was good to her, never hit her,and treated her like gold!
    I have a few buddies who treat there wives like crap, always talking down to them, belittleing them, and guess what they are still with them!

pa.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    Thank you kind sir ,and those who complain are but shadows of who they could be. Go and prosper Gods son and know ye are among his numbered flock
    I'm not mocking you I just see you are good and I hope the people you meet see that they are speaking to one of God's children.

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif