In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Holy Crap!!

IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in General Discussion
I just got my mosin nagant 91/30 from aimsurplus. 69.95. and guess what they sent me. Thats right a 1934 hex rec. izhevsk. Iknow it's not a tula but for the price and the * it's about 98% blue.and a nice finish on the stock. I'm very very happy with it. Plus I did not pay for hand pick. Anyway I love it and cant wait to shoot it.[:D][:D]

Comments

• IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obamma just went live and explained why "african american boys" are more prone to violence and how "trevon martin could have been me".
    it's all because of the oppression they have experienced thru generations and that memory causes their mindset.
    he did admit that african american "boys" are statistically more likely to be involved in crimes and violence and that trevon was more likely to have been killed by one of his "peers", but it all comes down to how generations of blacks have been treated in this country.
    I didn't hear him call for restraint, but he did admit it would have likely been a different reaction if trevon martin was white.
    YA THINK?????

tom
    edited November -1
    Was just out riding some fence on the 4 wheeler with the dog and Shelby ran up on a GREAT BIG buck antelope laying down. I didn't even see him, nor did she I think, as she literally jumped over his back as he was getting up! He was a BIG boy too!

Now she knows not to run animals, but she was so surprised her first instict was...get it. I think she thought it was a bird at first. I whistled her off and she complied, but everyone including the buck was surprised. He went under the fence and ran about 40 yards and turned around like...'wait a minute here, I ain't runnin' from no dog!'

We always tell Shelby the deer and antelope are her "friends", so she just ignored him after that, but he just stood right there staring at me and her. He calmed right down and went back to eatin' grass. Just caught him snoozin' I guess.

It was really cool. Wow, he was a biggin'! Nice to see that.

edit: wish I'd have had the camera. That was a sight...her leaping over the back end of that antelope!!
    edited November -1
    Just rode one of them Kawaski ZX6 Ninja's. Those things are stupid fast. Would be dead in under a week if I owned one. Not very comfortable for me (most likely cause I was a little tense because I was more then a little scared of it). Still have a grin from ear to ear though. Fun Fun Fun!!!!!
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a GSX-R1000, or a GSX-R1300R and we'll see how big your smile is then. (We'll also see how wet the seat got.)
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I had a new GSXR-750 for about 3 years and it was ridiculous. 0-60 in 3.9 sec. I miss it every now and then but I think my next bike will be a cruiser.
    edited November -1
    Also got to ride one of those 4 wheeler racers. Just a little 200 two stroke, but man!!! Talk about steering with the throttle!! My cheeks hurt from grinning so much.
  • Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to have A Yamaha Tri-Z 250 two stroke bore 30 over.
    I still smile when I think about it, I guess cause I'm still
    alive[:D]
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I know better than to put that kind of power in my hands. My horns pop out and I turn into a demon daredevil. Even at my age. Guess I will never grow up.

So.......I have the Harley cruiser with its mild mannored 60+ hp which keeps me from doing tire smoking burnouts and wheelies.[:(]
    edited November -1
    I have not had that much fun in years. I would never even think of buying one of those Ninja's but, that little four wheeler was an absolute hoot to drive. Let me go look in the mirror.........yep grin is still there!