In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Toy!

allrndcowboy123allrndcowboy123 Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
edited May 2005 in General Discussion
Just picked up my new toy! A Colt King Cobra for under $230! Can't wait to get it to the range![:D]

Comments

• allrndcowboy123allrndcowboy123 Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got this new toy (named Baby Kitty by my 2 year old daughter) about a week ago. She likes to climb up my leg, then my shirt and jump to my desk; she's then content to curl up between my arms and go to sleep with her head handing over my wrist ... I went to get a fresh cup-o-java, when I got back I found she likes to get "on-line" too ... Mark, I think your post put her to sleep!

P6090007.JPG

Then annoyed when I took her pic ...

P6090008.JPG

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    edited November -1
    I was just out tooling around today and somehow or another stopped into the local gun store. My girlfriend asked what I was doing and I said I just wanted to look around. 30 minutes later I left with a brand spankin new Para P-13 with 2 13rnd mags! Its my second one, but for $560 I couldn't say no. Man I love these hi cap 1911s!
    edited November -1
    So...do ya'll like my new toy? Mdl 629 with 3" non-fluted cyl. Got it at an estate sale. [:D][:)]

[img][/img][image width=756 height=504]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/372140/629-toy1.jpg[/image]

SN CDH8260 any idea as to date of mfg or value?
    edited November -1
    Hey guys.....

Well, Those of you that read my last thread(http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=301060)know that i have been interested in getting a bike for a while now.

well.... I finally broke down and bought one[:)]... Its been a BLAST!... I've been driving it all around town and it only cost me $14 to fill her up![8D]

No, Its not a 1,000cc monster.... But its exactly what i was looking for... Small, Lightweight, fairly fast, and very VERY good on gas.

Mom took the news perty hard when i told her[:(], But i stopped by today and she seemed to be a lot better about it and she did feed me[:D]

So, You guys want to help me name her[?][:D]
    DSC_0019.jpg
    edited November -1
    Picked up a Win mdl 70 laminate in 300wsm today! I was close to purchasing a 270wsm in stainless however I already have brass and dies for the 300. I only fired it twice tonight as it was getting dark. The recoil was no where near what I had expected. I would compare it to a 30-06 or a 270, not bad at all. Anyone have any exp. with the win and what kind of accuracy should I expect?

The Nut

~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    edited November -1
    John Deere 790LC
    I need to rebuild the main lift cylinders, fix a couple other leaks and replace a couple track pads. Overall it is a solid machine.

I have been clearing some fields on my farm That have been overgrown with locust trees since I got the place. This should make short work of it.[:D]
    I'm getting enough equipment laying around I should start my own excavation company.[8D]

20161207_142724_zpsw0asxvzj.jpg

20161207_143217_zpsalzbc76p.jpg
    edited November -1
    Since I just got a raise[:D] and a local store is having a going-out-of-business liquiadtion[V][:D], I got myself a Harrington & Richardson/NEF Sportster .17 HMR. I really wanted a .22 Mag Ultra, but can't find one or no one wants to special order me one[:(!]. Got 25% off, plus my $50 in owed store credit from like a year and a half ago. Including taxes, fees and the CA-required gun lock (even though the rifle comes with a CA approved lock!!) $120 "out the door" (with the receipt, I have to wait 10 days to get the rifle[V][xx(][?]).

Going back on payday to get a 10-foot medium action Fenwick surf rod to go with my Penn spinning reel. I vowed never to spend over $150 on a fishing rod. With the clearance discound, it'll be less than $100.

Chrome don't get you home.
    edited November -1
    Bought a Russian M44 today, gotta wait ten days to get it, though. I could've used the money for something else, but my bills are paid and there's food in the fridge.

I had to sell my 1931 Martin O17S guitar to make a truck payment (3 actually, I got $1000 for the guitar), and was very sad about it, even though I haven't been a serious musician for a few years. That Martin was the sweetest-sounding guitar I ever heard in my life. Anyway, I digress. I had some money left over after making the truck payments and paying the bills and Big 5 was having a sale.

The one I bought has all matching #s, is complete with sling, ammo pouch and accesories and is in excellent shape. I've been wanting one for years (an M38, actually, but I can live with having the folding toad-stabber). Next: a CZ52 to complete my Communist Bloc weapons ensemble.

Chrome don't get you home.
    edited November -1
    [img][/img]45pv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6mm PPC. Hall action. Jewell 1.5 ounce trigger. 36x Leupold with the Tucker conversion. Fluted bolt. .262 neck. Stock is benchrest type, probably Mcmillan. Action is glued in so I don't want to take it apart and see. Gunsmithing done by I forget. It's engraved on the barrel. I'll look again tomorrow. Not sure what barrel, again, I'll look tomorrow. Had a friend pick it up a few months ago for me. Finally saw him this weekend to pick it up. He's been shooting it in the meantime. He shot a 6 shot group in the .4's with it at 200 yds among a few others that made me smile when I got the pictures. I'm not exactly sure what it means, but when a competition benchrest shooter tells you that your rifle is shooting "like a house on fire" it makes you feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside.

Fire forming starts tomorrow!!!
    edited November -1
    Put it together to day....easy and all parts...IMG_0860_zpsrcshrgle.jpg
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Sounds closer to a LNIB price.
    You did good (you know that), but what are ya going to do with two matched pistols?

That's the 4.25" model?
    Pics side by side?
    edited November -1
    I will post pics as soo as I get the cam back from the shop. As far as what to do with two... I don't know! I just couldn't pass up the deal. He tried to get me to bite on the model finished in OD green, but I didn't like the look of it too much. Besides, he hasn't had it in his showcase very long and the green finish was allready worn in a couple of spots from sliding across the felt on the shelf. I was thinking of giving the new one to the old man for fathers day, but I gave him a Colt a few years ago and he gave it to a friend. I'lll figure something out. If nothing else it will just make the trips to the range with its twin. Next is a USP tactical...
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    quote: I was thinking of giving the new one to the old man for fathers day, but I gave him a Colt a few years ago and he gave it to a friend. I hate giving or receiving any conditional gifts, but I'd sure hate to give a Colt to a friend and have him give it away!

Sometimes I like the OD Green and usually I don't. Some guys talk about their green and black Wilson Combat $2200 pistols. I can't see the beauty.