In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HeDog

dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
Sorry we didn't connect, but we'd driven straight thru all night and had just gotten to the hotel and crashed when you called.

We did get one about 12 1/2 incher, my buddy was plenty happy for his first antelope. Saw about 7 or 8 nice bucks Saturday, I did a 2-mile walk down/ stalk and missed one with the AR (I think he was closer than I thought and I shot too high). Nature boy with the open-sighted 22-250 couldn't connect, even with my .270.

On Sunday we decided to quit messing around with the AR and the 22-250; worked hard all day and never did find any of the bucks we saw the day before.....I guess that's why they call it hunting......

If you were at point of rocks, I think you were about 2 or 3 miles off our ranch.

Howdja do?

Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You spent so many months with your mouth shut, now you will not shut up! Old people should be seen and not heard. Don
    edited November -1
    I misplaced your e-mail address. Just wanted to tell you those ear plugs work great. I used them about a week ago, and was able to hear myself and the musicians next to me fine, while the big noises in the brass and percussion were minimal. They work better than what I was using before, 'cause I can actually hear myself quite well with the ones you sent me, while the other ones just drown everything out.
    Like I told you before, they make special ear plugs for musicians that cost about $400. Ill tell my colleagues about your plugs, and you can charge the bozos like $300 for them.
    Thanks Again HeDog.

"The powers delegated by the proposed constitution to the federal governmentare few and defined, and will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace negotiation, and foreign commerce"
    -James Madison
    edited November -1
    Thanks. The book arrived today man. I hope I can repay you someday. Karma will look down upon you nicely today. [:)]
    edited November -1
    I've been stuck south of Dallas since Thursday, had trouble finding a load out of here. So out of desperation I found a load in Waco that goes to Albuquackee. Be there Tuesday night Wed Morning.

Just thought I would give you fair warning to stay off I-40 [:D]
    edited November -1
    Calling Mister Herman!

My flight arrives noon, August 6. Still up for lunch? Any good gun shops in the area?
    edited November -1
    Did you just wake up from your winter hibernation?
    I havn't seen you post in a while and now you are in full force[:D][8D]
    edited November -1
    Didn't want nothing. Just wanted to start a thread with someone's name since that seems to be all the rage these days.
    edited November -1
    Case of biting off more than you can chew?
    Crittergitter found this out in his driveway the other morning. Said when he last saw it an hour later, he had about a third of it down.
    I know snakes can do some serious stretching to swallow some large meals, did this one miscalculate?

vuPC1IJl.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the follow through on the paperwork you sent. I filled out the forms, returned them and got registered. If I can ever help you, just let me know. Thanks again.
    edited November -1
    I still have not sent you any e-mail. Don
    edited November -1
    Did you get the e-mail I did not send you? Don
    edited November -1
    I can't for the life of me why your signature says:

"My heros have always killed cowboys."

I'd say, either you are referring to the native Americans (likely since you live in N.M.) or maybe referencing bulls at rodeo's. Maybe you're even mocking one of the other members (bigdaddy I think). I don't know...
    edited November -1
    I saw your post in the "what state are you in"... I didn't know you were originally from Missouri. Where at in MO? Just curious, I grew up in and north of Joplin in the S.W. corner.
    We got a lot in common. Hey, are you planning on making it to the gun show in Tulsa this year? Depending on your travel plans if you come through Oklahoma City maybe I can by YOU the glass of lemonaide (as you offered when I came through your area). Doubt I can afford it at the gun show however. [:I]
    Dunno why I'm going to the show, spent all my gun savings already on that Kimber a few weeks back. However, it'll be worth it to see the GB group again...
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This again?
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    This again?

No, still. Don
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I did...do you want me to pass it along to Hedgehog?
  • mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please don't send it to me. I already didn't get it.