In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

surgery...

mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
I got a phone call from my brother earlier. He's going in to get some work done on his left foot. Here's a link, with pictures(not for the easily disturbed), of what he's having done.

http://www.greattoe.com/surgery1.htm

My grandfather once told me,"It's not what a man possesses that determines the importance and quality of his life, but rather what possesses the man.

Comments

• mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my wife had catarac surgery today on her left eye. the doctor thinks in a few years the right eye will be ready. she is only 34 years old. thankfully she is doing fine. we go back to the doctor tomorrow morning to see how well her eye is doing and what her new eyesight will be.
  • bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Hope every thing turns out allright ..she's awful young..Bull
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Removing cataracs is pretty routine nowadays. Best wishes and tell your wife I said she'd be okay![;)]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everything is routine when they are doing it to somebody else. Everything is major surgery when they do it to me. That's what I tried to explain to the young lady when they put the stent in my chest. It's all in a day's work for you. It's a major event in my life to me.

I wish her all the best.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iam sure she will be seeing just fine in no time......best wishes for a fast recovery.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Everything is routine when they are doing it to somebody else. Everything is major surgery when they do it to me. That's what I tried to explain to the young lady when they put the stent in my chest. It's all in a day's work for you. It's a major event in my life to me.

I wish her all the best.

Stents are just the warm up old pal Just wait till you get to do bypass ops![:0]
    It's all a big adventure of life. It does get scary as hell, but not for the fear of dying. My biggest fear was not getting to touch the people I love for awhile. Unfortunately, I didn't get any out of body experience or floating around watching the operation. Woke up being wheeled out of the OR eight hours after I went in. First thought? "I'm not dead".[:D][:D]
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    While she is very young to be having these issues, I'm sure her age will also be an asset in the healing process.
    Prayers and best wishes to you both.
  • spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

I wish her all the best.

Yo, I'm not in the medical profession but I think this is a point to remember. A 1 in 1000 risk is easy to talk about...until you're that 1000th individual. Even routine risk is freaking scary when you're the one coming under the blade.

Wishing her the best, and understanding it's scary;
    spurge.