In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

good day

tskrytskry Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Been a good week. Took it off, to get some work done around the house. Got most of the garden put in, cut down a lot of trees. Funny how trees grow great where you don't want them, but won't grow at all where you do. Had kind of a combined birthday celebration today, with smoked buffalo roast, smoked beef ribs, homemade bread, and a fresh homemade cherry pie. Little brandy and a fine cigar afterward, and life is good. Had a nice visit with my sons, and one of them told me some things I thought I would never hear from him. Good things, and I feel better as a father for them.

Comments

• tskrytskry Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just got back a bit ago, Thursday my daughter asked what my plans were for today
    told her the same old, working at the bench, cut the grass etc
    she then told me to change my plans and handed me a pit pass for the nhra nationals for today!
    first time ive been there in 28 yrs since i blew the mill in my car and was married (read broke) the following season
    Force s daughter is in 2nd going into eliminations tomorrow, wish it had been a two day pass, but still pretty good
    edited November -1
    One six pounder, and 5 more like this one all over 4 lbs..[:D][:D]

The board is 22 inches long;;
    BBASS.jpg
    edited November -1
    Hope I can have a few more now....

Got an interview scheduled for monday, then my wife called and said my free magazines were in for my M&P 40 (I got the rebate). Now that aint half bad, just need to get into a monkey suit now and make sure I am ready for the interview...
    edited November -1
    i got to sit and watch the yankee game with my oldest daughter today, who by the way turned 16 a month ago, baseball is about the only common ground we share and we havn't watched a game together since the middle of last year, we went to dinner after,

it was the best day i've had in quite some time.

i just bought us a pair of tickets for the mets and yanks game on may 20th[:)][:)]
    edited November -1
    It was a good day on saturday. Went to a machine gun shoot in cornville. They had a M2 and an M60, as well as many other SMG's and such. I guess there was a m1917 water cooled there too, but I didn't see it. I shot a full auto Glock while I was there. Then after we were invited to a big BBQ at the house of the man that put on the shoot. Real good food and some real nice folks.
    edited November -1
    Came home from running some errands late this morning and the wife had range bags, fresh ammo and target stands in the driveway ready to go. When I went in the house to see if she was throwing me out on my B-day she laughed and said she had cooler packed lets go. Now back home after almost 500 rounds and the grill is almost ready, beers are cold and steaks are thawed, also haven't seen wife since we got home but I hear the pump running on hot tub. Life been a little rough lately, but she sure knows how to cheer a guy up and celebrate.
    edited November -1
    picked up another rossi 22 pump like new today for $250...still trying to find one in short barrel 22 magnum....winchester pump clones and fine little rifles...
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a great day! The time flies so fast and soon she will be gone, out on her own. Enjoy the time now it is fleeting. [:D]
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    16 year old girls need/want there Dad in thier lives...they my not let on but they do...good luck
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Special day.[:)]
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Take advantage of every moment like this. Some girls stick their head in their * at the age of 12 and don't pull it out til they're 20's somewhere.[:(][V]
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like an excellent day!!!! [:)]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was a good game till the 7th inning.