In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

walther p22

wrangler512wrangler512 Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
edited February 2007 in General Discussion
Just bought a new P22 yesterday and took it out to the range today. Very nice gun. No complaints. Shot 500 rounds of Federal bulk ammo without a hiccup.

Comments

• wrangler512wrangler512 Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....I looked at the ads and pics, and just thought "what an ugly, non ergonomic looking piece of poo". I was sitting at the shop today, innocently slurping my vanilla malt, when one of the owners handed one over to me. [:0][^][:o)][:D] I'm in love all over again. You know how when you pick up and fondle certain firearms, how sometimes, they just feel "right"? He knew he had me. It's ok though. Through a multi swap deal, I had a Tec 9, that I really didn't want to admit owning. One of the other owners was actually rubbing himself with it! Repeatedly. (On the cheek, OK?) Man, I think I found my mark....I mean sucker.....I mean an interested potential buyer. To each his own.
    edited November -1
    I know this was mentioned in my other thread but I thought I'd start a new one and look for opinions on this piece.

What do people think of it? Some have mentioned they like it while other say gun magazines have bashed it. What's the general concensus out there?

Thanks!

signew.JPG

"In a world of compromise, some don't."
    edited November -1
    I've been looking to get a cheap .22lr pistol for plinking and was wondering if these are decent. So far to my knowledge Walthers are pretty good guns unless I'm poorly informed. Opinions?
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any opinions on these? Im gonna get one on tuesday and was wondering if there was a certain ammo they liked or not.

Thanks

Larry
    edited November -1
    I have been looking at this gun for a while and was wondering if anyone has one or has shot one. I really like the way it looks and think it would be fun to shoot around the house. Does anyone have any input on this pistol
    edited November -1
    What is a Walther P22 with 30 rounds fired through it worth?? Im selling mine. I like it but I need to come up with some cash to finance my AR plans. Just curious what it will go for on the market.

Thanks,

Larry
    binladen.gifShowLetter.gif
    edited November -1
    I have a Walther P22 and I love it except that it occasionally jams (1/50) or even worse does not load the next round forcing me to re-cock the gun (1/20). I have told it maybe an ammunition problem or just a break-in period is needed. Well I've shot many a bullet out of that gun including CCI MiniMags and Remington HVs. I don't think it's a clip problem because I have two clips and they both do it.

I have also heard some home remedies that I am not comfortable with performing. I also heard that Walther fixed the problem in thier latest batch.

If it means doing some light filing or grinding I can handle that. But if I must sell it to get the new version I would have to practically give it away without lying about jamming problem.

Walther should fix this problem for free. That's the way I see it.

Any ideas? Thanks, Dave
    edited November -1
    yes or no?

and why?
  • stevenrayspeckstevenrayspeck Member Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I converted mine to 17 Mach2. Realy like it.[:p]
    edited November -1
    do you have a picture of it
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had one for over a year. Love it. Put about 500 rounds thru it. Only had to tighten the barrel down after the first 100 rounds, then no further problems. Accurate out of the box. Never touched the sights. My buddy has one too and same results. Very concealable and no missfires so far.
    edited November -1
    thats what I was thinking that it was accurate and a very good look. I was wondering how well it shoots the 17 mach 2 now that he mentioned it that makes it even more interesting
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    I would really like to pick one up myself. No jamming problems are there?
  • PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    17 Mach2?
    Pete
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wrangler512
    I have been looking at this gun for a while and was wondering if anyone has one or has shot one. I really like the way it looks and think it would be fun to shoot around the house. Does anyone have any input on this pistol

Please step outside.[;)]
  • stevenrayspeckstevenrayspeck Member Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PJ
    17 Mach2?
    Pete

Ya, Thats right i converted it to 17 Mach2. Realy sweet little gun. If you want i can give you the name of the guy that makes the kit you need to convert it. The kit comes with a new barrel and extractor.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I have 2 of them. One is the orginal Watler and the other is a S&W one. The orginal one had a few feeding issues, but the other is great. Mine are very accurate and fun to shoot. I like the fact they are easy to put suppressors on.

DSC02398.jpg
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I just bought one on 1/8. After 300 rounds I'm thinking this is a fun gun...no problems, well not big ones. The barrels fittings come loose, guess I'm not putting enough torque on the wrench. Fun, accurate, fairly inexpensive, handles bulk ammo (so far), easy to take down and clean. Not so easy to put back together...the recoil spring and guide rod takes some practice.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripley16
    I just bought one on 1/8. After 300 rounds I'm thinking this is a fun gun...no problems, well not big ones. The barrels fittings come loose, guess I'm not putting enough torque on the wrench. Fun, accurate, fairly inexpensive, handles bulk ammo (so far), easy to take down and clean. Not so easy to put back together...the recoil spring and guide rod takes some practice.

...There should be a plastic rod that helps re-assembly. I almost tossed it, not knowing what it was. My manual makes no mention of it. My only complaint is that the front sight went missing on the 10th shot. It just snaps into its recess. Sorta cheesy.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    quote:Originally posted by wrangler512

Please step outside.[;)]

I was thinking the same thing lol. Homer Simpson comes to mind when he joined the NRA and was waving his pistol around in the house, using it to turn off lights and change the channel.

Marge: Homer, you need to be careful!!!!!!

Homer: Why should I be careful? I'm the one with the gun.[:D]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife is very happy with hers.

Arsenel001.jpg

If you have larger hands, you have to be careful that you do not release the magazine as you pull the trigger.

Other than that, it is a reliable, fun little pistol.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele