In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SAD

davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
I've been to my friends house countless times. This morning I drove over the pickup as he needed it for the day. The pickup does not have GPS like my Charger. I got lost. [xx(]

Comments

• davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mother and I went to high school together and now planning her baby's funeral!
    It is very sad!
    My heart goes out to her and her family!

A routine traffic stop turns deadly in Louisville. A 2-year old ejected after her father speeds off and then wrecks. Her 3-year old brother is still in the hospital.

The chase happened Friday night on Middleground Rd. in Louisville.
    The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says they were pulling 33-year old Miller Smith over for driving erratically when he took off, leading deputies on a chase before crashing and killing his 2-year old daughter.

Jennifer Randall says shes hurt, angry and mostly confused. She's not sure who to blame for her 2-year old daughter's death, the girl's father who was behind the wheel and ran from the scene or the deputy she believes ran them off the road.

"It's just terrible, it's unreal," says Jennifer Randall, a mother still in shock that her 2-year old daughter Alike' Smith is dead.

"It's just so unreal to believe that she's gone so soon." she says. "She loved to get her hair done. She loved wearing pink glasses. She had a favorite pair of pink glasses she had to wear everywhere," adds Jennifer.

A little girl, with a lot of life ahead of her. "She was just beautiful and just had that spark about her that everybody loved, everybody," says Jennifer.

Friday night Jefferson County deputies pulled over 33-year old Miller Smith for driving erratically. They say when the deputy approached the car, Smith took off. Deputies chased after him until they came over a hill, ran off the road and hit a tree. The two children unbuckled in the backseat were ejected.

"They ran them off the road and the kids were just thrown from the car," says Jennifer.

Leaving their mother more confused than anyone.

"I don't understand. He's never done that before. It's crazy, real crazy. I don't know what he was thinking putting the kids in danger. I don't know," says Jennifer.

Jennifer can't understand how the deputy didn't see her two toddlers in the backseat. "If they were stopped, you know the kids are in the car," says Jennifer.

Leaving her with more questions than answers. "I'm angry at him and I'm angry at the cops-- the police department and Miller," says Jennifer.

On top of the anger, this mother is left with a void. Planning one child's funeral as she watches the other fight for his life.

Alike's 3-year old brother XaVion Smith is in fair condition.

As for his father, Miller Smith, after running from the scene of the accident, he was arrested a few hours later in the woods.

He's been held at the Jefferson County jail charged with vehicular homicide, DUI, obstruction of an officer, two counts of child endangerment, and a slew of other traffic charges.

Investigators say dash cam video showed the chase from start to finish. No word yet on if it will be released to the media.

edited November -1
    PGR will be Busy this Week. Just got two Notices of Pending Missions one right in Eugene. Marine KIA.
    edited November -1
    12 girls... 8 boys.. 1st graders 6 to 7 years old[V]
    edited November -1
    Try to look something up online about Oregon's Gov Brown and the Calif Gov Brown steals all the headlines.

Ours is screwed up but the Calif one is even worse.
    edited November -1
    12:05 AM 2008 and I don't feal no different.
    edited November -1
    why would some argue over somethin that doesnt exist to them..if is not important,or they cant feel it why do they bother...its because they want to feel it ...they are jealous...human nature[;)][8D]
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    This is Landon Carpenter Born one month after his Dad Died in Afganistan.

396803_10150556707035715_65907730714_11224629_824592704_n.jpg
  • jethrojethro Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why, you are all of 5 min. older than you were in 07[:D]
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    That's because it's only 11:05 here at the center of the universe.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by daveald
    12:05 AM 2008 and I don't feal no different.
    Hey, on a positive note, you've only misspelled one word so far in 2008![:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Don't forget the double negative. Man, I'd hate to start off the year on that foot.
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave, those are 5 minutes you will never see again! Tom
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    That's because it's only 11:05 here at the center of the universe.

Does it ALWAYS have to be "ALL ABOUT YOU"??? (center of the universe)[:o)] Just jokin man... Raise-hell at 12!!