In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sig232

Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
Welcome back, buddy.

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Didn't want to hijack your sunrise thread, so I'll just start this one.

Went into John's today. He had something very lovely for me. I get to pick it up tomorrow afternoon after the 48 hour waiting period is over. I already paid his $36 handling fee, so all I have to do is walk in. That is one beautiful pistol, Lee. I'm glad you chose to sell it to me instead of someone else out there somewhere. Any time you want to shoot it, I'll go 50-50 on airfare out here, and I'll even pick you up at the airport. Just give me a couple months notice so I can work out first. [:D]

Anyway, I'll post pics of the first gun to join my collection with wood. Thanks again, Lee.
    edited November -1
    Sig does the city of Portland have a law that you can't carry a concealed weapon even if you have a CCW? I have herad this somewhere and figured you would know the skinny. Thanks. Hey did you ever try Louis' Oyster Bar?
    edited November -1
    Nice to see you hanging around GB again, Lee. Kinda missed talking to you. This summer if my bike is running well enough and the finances line up correctly, I'm going to take a week or two and ride out there. Maybe I'll swing by NoDak land and convince my bro to come along.
    edited November -1
    Lee, check out your old pistol:

HighStandard006.jpg
    HighStandard001.jpg
    edited November -1
    Today I received in the mail an unexpected surprise !!

Sig sent me an article cut from a magazine on the '66 Honda CB 450. It made so many memories come alive.

Thank you, Sig - You are a good friend.

Doug
    edited November -1
    Just going through the pic sticky again, and remembered to ask you something: Is your niece available?
    edited November -1
    Got the gift card. Thank you very much!

Also sent you an email.[:D]
    edited November -1
    Hey, Lee, check your email.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's an old man. Old men go to bed with the sun.
    edited November -1
    Me too - and I'm older than he is.

Be careful who you rag on, squirt !!

Doug
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I rag on him because I also consider him to be a friend.
    edited November -1
    I know that.

Doug
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Doug! I remembered your post about your fond memories of that particular model of Honda. It was a major upgrade from the 305 twin that they produced. I wanted one in the worst way but the seat height was a bit much for my short frame.

I ended up with the CB500 four when it first came out and I loved that bike also.

Glad your enjoyed the article. Several of the mags have been running articles about the older bikes and it is fun to review the specs and performace numbers from the 1960-1970's.

American Iron has been putting in articles about the first Harleys produced back in 1904-05. Leather drive belts and hand shifters, its a hoot to check those out.

I am glad you enjoyed the article.

Oooooops...............have to run Zulu its time for my old man's nap![;)]