In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hay

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
baled 750 Bermuda small square bales off my 12 acres most it has ever baled in one cutting

long hot day

Comments

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    do you all have all the hay you need?

it has rained so much in Arkansas that if it ever stops we will have more hay than we know what to do with
    edited November -1
    Is it going to be another bad year. Notice how hot and dry it is in most places. Here most will be left in the field. everytime they try to cut it rains. Lots of places I see they have left it in the field. Many have not even cut their field just letting them go.
    edited November -1
    For those that buy is or sell it. Is there a glut this year. Just was out driving and noticed that there is a lot of field that have been mowed and raked and have been for over 2 weeks.

Small bails are selling for$3.00.

There are even more fields that have not even been mowed. The fields that have been mowed and bailed are all small fields.
    edited November -1
    got the last cutting of the year done

540 bales today

long hard day but it feels good now [^][:)]
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The hay around here is coarse and short, and I suspect that the feed value is somewhat limited.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one cutting here in Arkansas

but if we don't get some rain I may not get another

things are burning up [:(]
  • randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Worse than last year here in NW Arkansas. I've got one cutting and doubt I'll get another. It has been pretty dry since last summer, so our first cut was about half of normal. At least last year we had a lot of rain in April and May. Get ready for $60 and $70 hay again.
  • dhallz71dhallz71 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Southeast Ks had one cutting. It`s too dry to get it to grow much again for another. I know a hay dealer that says to get your loads bought now.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    David,
    Last week I drove south on 35 up over Mt Hood, south on 97, then South on 395 to Reno. All the way down I noticed they where just getting thier first cutting put up, realy late for that country.
    High hay prices = high beef prices. Guess I'll just have to keep eating elk.[:D]
    W.D.