In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stolen gun

trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Hello All.
The following pistol was stolen in Columbus, Georgia on or about the 15th of April, 2009;
Ruger Blackhawk revolver .45LC, 4 5/8" barrel, sn# 47-94886. This gun is blued but features a custom 5-shot stainless steel non-fluted cylinder. There is also a custom "Bisley" style grip frame and exotic hardwood grips.
Please contact the Columbus GA PD @ (706)653-3400 or 3424 or the owner Mr. Bill "B.J." Snow at (706)576-4390.
Thanks!

vr,
"IrisM"

Comments

• trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Well we had a gun show this weekend, I never tie my handguns.... I have found people buy more if they can pick it up with out askin first... So I say 1 gun in 12 shows i can live with,,,, but i hate thieves. My fault for not tieng them... oh well bababooey happens.... my fault , But I hate to do it but I will have them all tied tommorow
    edited November -1
    when i was stationed in England in the 80s, I had my S & W 29 stole from my dads house, but we did not know about it, I was called in to my commanders office in 85, there was a phone call from the RCM, they wanted to know why I never reported my gun stolen, they found it in a river right down from the place of the crime, my commander was sitting there listening to the whole call, they ask about my gun, I told them to my knowledge my gun was in Florida, I ask hem to call back, I called my dad and ask for him to check my gun, he came back on line, son I dont know what to tell you , your pistol is gone, I told him to call and report it when the RCM called back, I told them everything I knew, I was ask to come to canada, I ask why, They wanted to investigate the shooting, and why my gun was found. I found out the killing took place while I was in England, my passport showed I had not left england, but they still wanted me to come to canada, I refued, my commander told them, I had not left the country since I had got there in 1982. the told my commander the air force is ooking out for there own. my commander told them, if you dont have anything tieing me to the crime, they were barking up the wrong tree. my commander gave me some great advice, dont go to canada. I was suppose to go tdy in the 88, but I informed my squadron commander why I did not want to go, they pulled me off the TDY, the wife wants to go to canada, I told her why we are not going, I told her if she really wants to go, I will wait at the us/canada border.
    edited November -1
    Not a good day! Sold a C&R revolver on GB, buyers FFL records it and it comes up stolen in an another state back in the mid 1960s. I bought it thru a legal face to face a couple of yrs. ago in Vermont. Wife is sick and I needed the money so I sold where it would be recorded. Caveate Emptor....
    edited November -1
    Just saw this add in C/L

Reward for stolen gun .
    Charter Arms Bulldog ,45 Cal ,double barrell revolver .
    Thinking about chipping in a few bucks just to see it !![;)]
    edited November -1
    i got my browning a bolt 2 stolen out of the back of my truck yesterday in my driveway and am looking for any ideas or advise on how to find it or anything it meant alot my wife bought it for our first anniversy has 2 shells shot thru it
    edited November -1
    Last year I had a couple guns and a suppressor stolen from my house. Last week I went to the police dept to register another firearm and had them check about my stuff and the gave me a couple numbers to call. Today a detective called me and said that they do have one of the guns in their procession but they have a letter from the insurance company saying that they have settled the claim with me. Do you think the insurance company will let them release the gun to me or will they keep it
    edited November -1
    I won an auction and sent in my local guy's FFL and some postal MO'sThe gun arrived at my FFL dealer's place on 3/4/15.I get a call from my dealer that the ATF called him and told him the gun was stolen and they would send an agent out to pick it up.I never had possession or had received it.
    I called the seller(a very large one on GunBroker)and the seller told me that there would be NO refund and I should be a big boy and eat the 2800 dollar loss.Seller says you own the gun when the auction closes so tough stuff.
    Don't know what to do next.Any advice would be well appreciated.
    Has anyone had anything like this happen on GunBroker?
    edited November -1
    They destroyed the door lock on my pickup and stole my old Smith / Wesson 9mm pistol out of the glove box. It was a Model 39-2, 9m. Just an old truck gun I've had for 35 years, but it was a good shooter.

The serial number is A 295562. It was stolen from the rural Terre Haute, In. area. Probably on it's way to Chicago by now.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    I wonder if he was talking about several different guns, in a bit of a semiliterate way - maybe a Bulldog, some kind of a .45, and one of those 'snake-eyes'?
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe that's the reward for providing a stolen gun... ?

A... CA Bulldog 45 with twin barreled revolver frame...

It could be... Maybe...
  • CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    I gotta get one of those!!