In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Pellet Rifle

coldcachecoldcache Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a Winchester Model 333 Pellet rifle. Shoots
.177 caliber. Very heavy gun, seems like competitor
type gun. The barrel has release and this is how you
cock it. Has hair trigger. Anyone know anything about
this one?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello This may not be much and I would try to do a search on airgun but I do know that winchester sold someone eles's pellet rifles and pistols in the 1960's They were of course not made by winchester but were for the most part very high quality and made in europe I forget who but it was not beeman I had a pistol at the time that was I think made for winchester by FINWERKBAU it was a item good enough to compeat in international shooting and was the type that was high tech and had a way of making it have NO recoil. I still have a bunch of tins of WINCHESTER PELLETS in both .177 and .22
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    based on 'the history of winchester firearms' by barnes, they were imported from germany and only offered for a few years. the 333 was considered the best of the best and sported a steel lined bbl. it had a MV of 576. it had the least recoil of all the lineup with its featured a double piston system. fablous sights, walnut stock, bull bbl, 9 1/2 lbs. cost 169.00 in 1969.
    selling it?[8D]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.