In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mini-Mauser

637e637e Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
Who handles parts for the mini-mauser? Thanks.

Comments

• 637e637e Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone played with the new Charles Daly mini- mauser ? Any pros or cons ? How are they for accuracy ? Thanks in advance , 637e
  • texas-shootertexas-shooter Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought one for my son for Christmas in .223. Very accurate, the extractor had a burr on it that had to be filed down to work correctly, but my gunsmith did that when he mounted the scope and bore sighed it. Works fine now and I am happy with the rifle. Be sure to get the high scope rings or the bolt will hit.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree on the above. Nice little gun. I read a review that said stay away from the 7.62 X 39 for some reason, poor accuracy I believe.
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had one for years in .223....Great shooter!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • toolman9mmtoolman9mm Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have one comming in the mail that was rechambered to 22- k-hornet from the hornet...i will give you a update once i recieve it...tom
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This particular action is the same as the Interarms that were imported for years from Zastava (Mini Mark X). Originally these were going for around $299 dealer price, then went up quite a bit. It took a few years before CD could get them into the USA. I looked at one at a recent show and it had a nice dark walnut stock with high gloss finish and a nice blue job, but it was $499. Not worth it IMO. The article about the 7.62X39 blamed the poor accuracy on the ammo.
  • texas-shootertexas-shooter Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I paid $425 for mine new in the box. I think Charles Daly gives its dealers lots of wiggle room on the retail price. Their website lits them for $569 (if I remember right).