In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Leupold VX-1

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
how are these scopes? anybody have any experiences good or bad? As always thanks for your replies.
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was surprised to learn today that I could actually afford one of these. They are priced at about half of where I thought Leupolds started. Does anyone use one? I'm looking at the 4-12 x 40mm model. What is a reasonable max usable range for that x12 setting (target shooting).

Thanks guys,
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 3x9 vx1 on my .300wsm....very good glass....very accurate adjustments...shoots the box real well and has never shown any problems due to recoil...I love it
  • bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    walmart leupold's are riflemen scopes not vari-x. i go with burris for the vari-x price range. get a fullfield 3-9x40 with the ballistic plex for $220 and the 4-14x for $330. a clearer scope and carries the same warranty.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will second the vote for the Burris Fullfield. With the 3-9X40 you also get the fullfield binocs for $200 at Cabelas! I have these scopes on all my serious hunting rifles.
  • ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time I looked I had a mix of four or five Vari X, VXI & VXII Leupolds scopes around here on rifles ranging from 8mmRemMag to 250sav and they are all top notch performance wise. I also have Buris and Baush&Lomb scopes also, and likewise have nothing but good things to report about them as well. Still the Leupolds look to be a lighter and trimmer package while still giving great service. I know nothing about Leupolds new "Rifleman" series of scope and have wondered why they have them on the market as they seem to be about the same price as the VXIs and provide no dercenable advantages in construction or features that I have been able read.