In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Southern Ohio Guns?

MaximakingMaximaking Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone ever delt with these folks? They were listed in a previous thread however I didn't want to fill a thread with an seemingly unrelated post.

Thanks
Todd

Comments

• Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Never a problem with them.
    All transactions went smooth.
    Everything I have bought arrived in better conditon than was discribed.
    MY FFL has an account with them and his FFL is on their file so that makes it easy for me.

Snake.gif
    underwaysm.gif
    SOLD MY COW SO I DON'T NEED YOUR BULL
    A Grumpy Old Man
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    S.O.G. is a great place. My old mans gun shop used to deal a lot with them, never a problem. Just one tip though, when they have the "bargin bin" used gun deals, pay for the "hand select" option. It's only a small extra "fee" but you usually get a gun in much better shape.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Made my first purchase from them back in Feb., 1988 when I purchased a Rossi revolver and a TEC-9 pistol. I've delt with them ever since and have had no problems at all during this time.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good company and have no complaints.
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Been doing business with them for years. What others have posted above is true. Only problem that I have had is back ordering. If they back order something then check out Century because that is where SOG gets most of their stuff. If Century doesn't have it then expect SOG to have it on back order for a long while. They will call you though when it does come available. SOG is a first rate company to do business with.
  • Options
    dkfdkf Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have dealt with SOG for over 10 years and their service has been excellent.
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Never a problem with them.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Agreed that SOG is a good place to do business. Just be certain to have an FFL on file before you order anything.

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    madnesmadnes Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too! I've gotten a few great deals of good guns through them.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have never heard of any trouble with them. One note though- they don't let you pick guns up in person. AIMsurplus, one of their competitors, and a fairly nearby one at that, does. AIM also lists all guns in stock on their websight, SOG isn't very good about this.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf