In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem. 1100 Sam Walton Limited Edition

woodyd70woodyd70 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know the value of this gun, new in the box. There is a local gun dealer that has one for sale for $1575, which I thought was awful high. I then saw the gun at walmart in both 12 and 20 gauge for $687. Should I buy the gun at Walmart, or is it not worth any more than any other model 1100. It has a profile of sam walton in gold engraving on the left side of the receiver, and says limited edition also. It has the upland type european "straigh" stock with no pistol grip.

Thanks for your help

woodyd

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOU ARE ASKING MORE THAN ONE QUESTION.
    1- WHY WOULD YOU PAY YOUR DEALER THAT MUCH MORE???
    2- IS THE GUN WORTH MORE THAN AN 1100??
    ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE IF THE EXTRA FINISH, GOLD, AND FANCY WOOD ARE WORTH ANY VALUE TO YOU. GOOD LUCK.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • woodyd70woodyd70 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what I'm trying to find out is: Is the gun collectible, or worth any more than the standard 1100 from a collectible standpoint?, I wonder if I should buy one at wal mart at $687 if the dealer is getting $1575 for them. This leads me to believe that the gun is either worth more, or the dealer is just trying to stick it to someone.

thanks,

woodyd
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    The dealer probably bought his at Wal-Mart!! I'll bet they were a special order for Wal-Mart only! How many other commemoratives, better question, what percentage of commemoratives ever appreciate? GHD
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, you would be better off buying a PLAIN 1100 from your local gun dealer.

As GHD said, commemoratives & special editions rarely bring more on resale than the plain version of any gun. VANITY special editions, such as Sam Walton's, are probably worth a premium to no one other than Sam's family.

Neal
  • WheelgunWheelgun Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woody,

Not to sound like an *, but if a friend of mine bought one of those and showed it to me, I'd hurt myself laughing! Then he'd be so ashamed that he'd probably go into hiding. If Sam Walton was an important figure in the firearms world, it would be a whole different story. Truth is, he ain't! He was just someone who figured out how to get people to spend their money at his store.... That gun is a perfect example of what ol' Sam did in his day.

To me, buying a comemmorative gun with Sam Walton's likeness on it, would be no different than putting a Wally World bumper sticker on my truck. Either way, it ain't happenin'...[xx(]

Mark

Wheelguns is REALGUNS!
  • BushobiBushobi Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually the Sam Walton version of the Remington guns were for the employees only to purchase. My son works there and got the 1100 in the 28ga. nice Christmas present for me. I have recently seen one in a Walmart here. But sounds to me like the dealer is attempting to make quite a nice profit. I was also informed that when these firearms were order by the employees they came from Remington with the serials numbers already registered as the employee being the purchaser.