In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

870's

gunzforevergunzforever Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
What are the differences between the wingmaster and express 870's. What do you think i should buy, but first can you please tell me the differences.

Thankyou and Godbless

Comments

• bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    fit and finsih. fixed choke or remchoke. that simple.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the wingmaster has a nicer finish on the wood and metal. i have 3 870's all wingmaster, 12ga, 16ga, and 20ga still looking for a 28ga and a 410
  • duker33duker33 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i seen your .410 870 wingmaster at a auction i was at this summer in beautiful shape i was thinking on buying it but i got the .410 in the express and thats a gun you do not need 2 of but it went for 390.00 with was a sweet price
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The express is definitely rougher overall. The wingmaster action is much smoother and operates easier. Useability is about the same.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    I personally like the express. I have a 20 gauge 870 express that I use for rabbits and trap shooting. Works great!![:)]
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wingmaster has a walnut stock. The express is birch.
  • godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had a 870 express 12 gauge traded even up for a bennelli nova never looked back, however the wingmasters interest me because my fater used one in 12 gauge for years,so maybe one day.....
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Besides the fit, internal/external finish, pressed checkering and lower grade wood, Remington also substituted some plastic and metal injection molded parts on the internals of their Express models. Unless they've changed things, even the extractor is a MIM component.