In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Laser Sight

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2005 in Ask the Experts
i was wondering if a laser sight would be good just for shooting cans at about 30 feet.I got the daisy 93 series bb gun and i dont know what else i could put on it in the way of sighting
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am interested in buying a laser sight (not a red-dot) that is made to mount on a weaver rail. Who (if anyone) makes this?

Thanks guys,
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one made by BSA. It is ok but not as strong as I was expecting. Anything more than very dim light makes it impossible to see the dot on the target. If you put it on the regular scope mount it obstructs your vision. It might work ok to put one on a see-under scope mount so the sights were still useable. A side mount would work or an under the forend.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    for what type of firearm?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys.

This is a custom 22LR pistol. I don't want a red dot but a true laser. I just need one that will mount to a weaver rail. Not a clamp-on under the barrel.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    look up NcSTAR, they make them for air guns, which will work for your .22 just fine, most air gun scopes and laser are not bad, they are made for forward recoil as well as normal, most firearm lasers are only for rearward recoil

http://www.bizrate.com/buy/noncat_*_details__oid--323650005.html
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    If you cant find one you like that goes on a scope rail, they also make ones that come in the grips and ones that mount on the trigger guard.
  • Options
    edited November -1

That's exactly what I wanted. I bought two today and told the guys that I'll take two more in black when they are available later this month.

Thanks again everyone,