In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

walther p-38 9mm

j3081j3081 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
hi and good evening on the east coast,,,bought this about 6 years ago for $250.00,and what would the value be now,,,walther p-38 in 9mm cal.,,,all numbers match and from what i can SEE it was made in 7 of 1960,,,you tell me,,,thanks
[img][/img]bad.jpg
[img][/img]good.jpg
[img][/img]uglier.jpg
[img][/img]ugly-1.jpg
[img][/img]leftside.jpg
[img][/img]dob.jpg

all thoughts appreciated,,,thanks

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Early unreinforced alloy frame West German military pistol. They were still on the market until very recently, selling for what you paid for yours. Doubt that they will be much more valuable at this time. My WAG, $300-$400 range.
  • j3081j3081 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh and found another
    [img][/img]clip.jpg

thanks
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    I have one made in 12/1961. Be carefull, the slides and frames on these were prone to cracking. This was not fixed until the 1970's. Shoot it and enjoy it, but keep an eye out for any cracks when you clean it.
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We sold them in the 80's. PP's in 32ACP were going for $159.00 the the P1's (alloy framed P-38) were going for $189.00. This included a test target, box (in many cases the original), cleaning rod, duty holster, and an extra magazine.
  • 32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Limited quantities are again being marketed. We had a dozen of them in the shop earlier this year and sold all of them at $325 w/ 2mags, holster, box, cleaning kit. These were in V.good+ to excellent condition. We're still getting requests for them - haven't ordered anymore but they show up in a couple of the wholesalers sales fliers from time to time.