In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Huglo shotgun???

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Ever heard of them? I'm looking at an O/U. Are they good/bad? Thanks

Comments

• MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Ever heard of them? I'm looking at an O/U. Are they good/bad? Thanks

Huglu = CZ

See recent thread on CZ over under shotguns.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=327060

BTW, I have a CZ SXS that I am very happy with.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Huglu, pronounced Hoo-Loo, is not well regarded around the shotgun boards. They tend not to be durable.
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    I raelly am impressed by Fausti and Lanber for a low cost, high quality double barrel gun.

However, I would disagree. The Huglu is a good gun. I haven heard a single complaint about them from actual owners. I have a CZ 712 and it eats everything, cleans easily, and has been excellent. Only issue I have had was a broken firing pin after 4 years.
  • FWAdditFWAddit Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine bought a Huglu 20 ga. side-by-side. Pretty, handled nicely. But it doubled.
    I liked the looks and the handling so much that if I had been the purchaser I would have taken it back to the store and requested a repair. Maybe the defect could have been easily corrected by gunsmiths at the store where he bought it, I don't know. He took the gun back and got something else.

Not enough experience to generalize from, but maybe if you add it to the other info you get, it will help you decide.
  • PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a CZ Bobwhite 20 gauge side-by-side double, for about a year and a half. I have shot about 500 shots through it so far, mostly skeet, and a couple rounds of trap, to practice. I have also hunted doves and ruffed grouse with it. So far, no problems at all, and it handles nicely, is well-enough built, fit, and finished for the price. Best of all, the first six shots ever fired at game, at doves, brought six kills. (P.S.: I should have put it away in the gun safe then and there, and never sullied that perfect record!)
  • 32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Huglu shotguns are made in Turkey - CZ is the current US importer/distributor.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Older Huglu shotguns were lower end and had durability issues. I think it was the early 90's, that they hired techs from Win and Browning to correct that. When they got their quality control in order, CZ contracted with them.
    I'm with Wehrmacht_45 on the Fausti shotguns, there is nothing made in Turkey that compares with them. The only complaint you'll hear about them is the customer service from Traditions that imported them. The Fausti family stands behind their product, and Weatherby shotguns are made by Fausti now.