In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1892 SRC How to replace saddle ring, will 94 work

k7grck7grc Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I picked up a 1892 SRC serial 2722** with the ring removed and the post ground flat.
I did some searches and found just a few articles on the subjext. One states the 92 ring stud was a rivet style and very hard to replace. Is this true?. If so my next question can be skipped.

Will a 94 ring and stud fit?

I'm also looking for a rear sight elevation slide part. The rifle has the rear sight with flip up, but is missing the part that slides up and down for elevation..

Thanks
Gordon

Comments

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,971 ******
    edited November -1
    NOPE, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SET-UP. THE '92 USES A 'STAPEL' AND RING, THE 94' USES A SCREW-IN STUD AND RING. THE STAPLE CAN BE REPLACED BUT IT'S NOT AND EASY JOB.
  • ochocoochoco Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wisnersinc.com, makes a reproduction if you can't find an original.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike is correct regarding the Saddle Ring and Staple!

Regarding the Ladder sight, you can usually find them on eBay in varying condition, so watch the auctions on Gunbroker as well as eBay and find one that matches the finish on your Carbine. You will more than likely have to buy a complete sight as the sliding piece and small spring are not usually found separate from the sight.

You might also use the "Want Ads" section of this forum.

Gun Shows are another source for these sights; I used to find them and buy them quite often. I still have a lot of these sights, but they are in very high condition and I believe they wouldn't match your gun.

Good Luck!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!