In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The return of: New, I want a gun!!!

goheels18goheels18 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Well, I guess my last post got canceled for some reason or another.... can't figure that one out... but i'll just start this one.... HAHA can't stop me... LOL.. Just continue all conversations here guys... ThanksChris

Comments

• 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    O.cowboy,which story was that??You`ll have ta tell me,cause it could have been made up...or it could have been the real M`coy!!BAALB,small world,I drive through The Gate every other day.I live out off White myself.goheels,I go out off Everglades BLVD all the time..told ya I don`t care ta shoot around a bunch of people did I not?There`s a road back in there ,a little further than where you went,that is a short cut to Highway 29,which go`s through Everglades City..and on to Chokoloskee Island,which is where I am actualy from.Oh yeah,if you will go over to General Discussion,the discussions go a lot longer,unless somebody like Orphanedcowboy causes trouble...then sometimes they just dissapear altogether.LOLWe`ve got one over there with 265 posts on it ...last I saw..218
  • biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    goheels18if ya get the rifle, email me at b_weldin@yahoo.com and I'll send ya a 4x32 scope to put on top of it, no charge. maybe 218bee will mount it for ya......keep saving kiddo!!!!
    edited November -1
    biganimal,I`ll Bee glad to!!!!.218
  • ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Goheels, just for your information.... The Moderator of "ask the experts" usually closes all topics after 10-15 replies have been made or he feels that the topic has been covered. You should post in the "general discussion" section of the board if you want your topic to continue on. Good luck with your new gun when you get it. Sounds like you are on the right track.
  • OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me cause trouble?, the park bench story 218? does it ring a bell, that was too funny. Goheels if you can't find a good deal on a used gun, let me know, I'll find you one here, we'll have to do a transfer, I am sure 218beekeep has a transfer dealer close by.
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah.....that story!!.218
  • goheels18goheels18 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, I'm going to start a new discussion in General Discussion... Then we can tlak for a longer time there. Thanks
  • goheels18goheels18 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, I'm going to start a new discussion in General Discussion... Then we can tlak for a longer time there. Thanks
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    goheels18: 10/22 is a nice firearm, but where you are new to shooting I'm going to be an old PITA & suggest you start w/ a bolt action or single shot. JMNSHO, but in the interests of safety and learning, I believe it's better for a new shooter. And no, I don't have any particular model in mind. I would suggest real strongly that you and your Dad go to several local gun stores and see what is available that *feels good* when you put it to your shoulder. And I am going to be an even bigger PITA and suggest that at age 13 you shouldn't be posting your name, age & location as you did in the prior thread. It's a disgusting fact of life these days that the anonymity of the Internet allows some people to obtain personal data and act on it in ways that could harm you. I only "know" one other individual who posts here and while I have no doubt about the honesty and moral (at least to the extent of harming minors) behavior of those who have replied to your posts so far, none of us, including the site administration, know who might be lurking. We get some weirdo types here, just as in society at large. Shooting is a great sport and incredible fun. I wish I were starting out again at 13 with access to the expertise you can find here - I'm really envious! But, the first rule of shooting is safety and I would suggest it won't hurt to be safe in what you reveal about yourself personally as well.