In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

springfield 1903A3

dearchaserdearchaser Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hello experts. I'm looking for help in determining an approximate value for an original '03A3, in very good to excellent condition, serial number 85x,xxx. In addition, this gun comes with a complete .22 conversion kit. Any info on the history of this gun's conversion kit would be much appreciated.

Comments

• dearchaserdearchaser Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a 1903a3 that has feed problems. ill load it and the rounds will just sit at the bottem where the bolt cant pick them up and chamber. im thinking this is just a worn out spring?? could it be something else? the last time i fired it it worked fine. where could i get a replacement part??
  • nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless you have high quality digital photos, it would be difficult to evaluate your rifle without seeing it. It's value in the $100-800 range, depending upon originality, condition, and alterations. Your best bet is to find a collector at a local gun club or show; you may want to check out the Springfield forums at www.jouster.com or www.gunandknife.com. Neal
  • HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The serial number given would indicate the rifle is a 1903, not a '03A3.
  • dearchaserdearchaser Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you both for the information. Neal, I took a quick look at the sites you mentioned...seems like I have a fair amount of reading/education ahead of me! Thanks again.