In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger P95 buy or pass?

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Well I am buying a Ruger 9mm for carry. How about the P95, is it a good choice, any experience, what is it's reputation? I have a P85 and P90 but need something a little smaller and lighter in semiauto to carry other than my revolvers.

Comments

• Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Don't know of any Ruger handguns that are not a rough tough and reliable product. I tell people all the time that Ruger is like the Buick of the firearms industry. No it is not a Cadillac but it ain't bad.
    AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My P95 is great. Got it used but 99% and love it. It is very accurate, easily controlable, and light. Good sight picture and well built. Had no problems with mine, even shooting cheap stuff.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't go wrong with a Ruger.
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If te price is right, buy it! Ruger guns are reliable.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the input. Going over to the gun shop today to purchase a P95. Wife says if she shoots it and likes it then I will have to buy her one too.
  • Options
    landislandis Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunpaq,there are a lot of jealous guys right now, a wife that you might have to buy a gun for...I think she is a catch!
  • Options
    landislandis Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The P-95 is nice too.,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Landis: She is not really a gun person and only got a carry permit and Lady Smith at my insistance. Used to be if I bought another gun I would have to buy her another Longenberger basket, but since 9-11 she has been at the range once a week and has a whole new look on things. A lot of her friends are now interested and are taking firearm courses - they go to a basket bingo and then go to the range.
  • Options
    p0838p0838 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure you see and feel that lousy mag release on the right side. It might bite into your right gripping hand.