In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AMT Baby Automag

smooth_operatorsmooth_operator Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know anything about these pistols? The frame is built on a ruger mkII platform and the barrel is ribbed, just like the original one made by the same company. My brother gave me one a few years ago and I still dont know anything about these firearms and its value. Nobody seems to have seen or heard of one. Serial # BAM 0xxxAny help will be appreciatedthanks,-Smooth
Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.

Comments

• Options
    TRIGGERSGHOSTTRIGGERSGHOST Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, I collect Ruger 22 autos,and have a ad for this pistol somewhere.I think I got it out of Shotgun News years ago.Cool looking gun.I will see if I can find the ad when I get home tomorrow night. Dead Horse Walking
    Remember everybody looks good 5 minutes before the bar closes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ghost, Thanks...Not even my local dealer can tell me anything about this pistol. I believe this is based on the AMT Lightning which is a copy of the mkII ruger's.
    Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi again,July 10,1986 page from Shotgun News.Ad says pistol has a 8-1/2 inch.vent rib barrel,ajustable sights,wood grips,and etc.Comes in wooden presentation case.Only one thousand will be made sez Harry.$398.50 includes insurance and shipping.A limited # have special etched ingraving at $475.00Sounds pretty rare to Me.I haunt alot of gunshows,and have never seen one.From the looks of the picture,I would say they used all AMT parts to build them.Hope this has been some help.Dead Horse Walking
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ghost, Is there any way you can scan that ad and email it to me? You are by far the only one who has any information about this particular pistol and I would love to have a copy of that ad for reference...-Smooth
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello again.I don't have a scanner,and I tried to take a picture with My camera that I use for My ebay sales,but the writing is fuzzy.If You want I will photocopy it and send You a copy.Just send Me Your name and address,and I will mail You a copy.You can email Me at EVILDR235@WEBTV.NET
  • Options
    cliffdropover1cliffdropover1 Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Baby Automag made by Arcadia Machine and Tool located in Irwindale, California.No longer being made. Only 1000 made. Possible value if in 95% condition, $350.00 as listed in Blue Book of Gun Values 1994.Can't say what current value would be.
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BABY AUTOMAG- 22LR cal., semi-auto, stainless steel only, 8 1/2 in. vent. rib barrel, Millett adj. sights, smooth walnut grips, 1,001 mfg.100% $750 98% $650 95 % $550Twenty-First Edition Blue Book of Gun Values "hope this helps"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dealer at www.gunamerica.com has a matched set for $2490 simply amazing that these pistols are selling for this price..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info on the value guys.Ghost, I will be contacting you regarding that ad. Give me a day or two.thanks,-Smooth
  • Options
    denniswdennisw Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard AMT got in copyright patent infringement problems years ago and stoped making mark 10 clone and 10 22 clone, they will undoughtedly go up in value a lot.dennisw
  • Options
    edited November -1
    found another one for ya www.jgsales.com AMT BABYAUTOMAG $875 NIB
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~