In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

H&K P7M8

shootorBeshotshootorBeshot Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a P7M8 that I purchased in Germany. It does not have the "Chantilly, VA" stamp on it. Does this increase the value?It is a very, very well kept gun.

Comments

• shootorBeshotshootorBeshot Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just shot my newly bought H&K P7M8. Is there really any 9mm out there that could compete.Love this 9.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootorBeshot
    Just shot my newly bought H&K P7M8. Is there really any 9mm out there that could compete.Love this 9.

Pends on how you want to compete.. If you are talking target shooting your gun would be no match.
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Move along Grasshopper
    Why is this in the expert forum???
    ???

Ed cause I cain't spail
  • hksrulehksrule Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    quote:Originally posted by shootorBeshot

Pends on how you want to compete.. If you are talking target shooting your gun would be no match.

I hope you mean that it would be hard to find a gun that would match the performance of a P7. Mine can print a 1/2in hole at 10 yds no problem. Hard to beat that since I am far from being a great shot.
    edited November -1
    Performance? The P7 is not a target gun but an everyday carry piece, concealed or not. It is used overseas by some law enforcement. I don't think anyone uses it in the military . Plenty of other pistols that are just as accurate. It has a unique design with the squeeze cocker that makes it the only pistol design of its kind. So what? I have owned one and can compare what they shoot like. I own a HK sniper rifle ..Best? NO.. plenty of guns out there that will shoot more accurate than it. Are they semi- automatic, NO. Take your P7 and step back 50 paces..(yards) Now see how accurate it is at a bullseye target. When you put them in the 9 ring and bullseye and maybe an occasional flyer in the 8 ring, let me know what kind of pistol you are shooting.
  • hksrulehksrule Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Performance? The P7 is not a target gun but an everyday carry piece, concealed or not. It is used overseas by some law enforcement. I don't think anyone uses it in the military . Plenty of other pistols that are just as accurate. It has a unique design with the squeeze cocker that makes it the only pistol design of its kind. So what? I have owned one and can compare what they shoot like. I own a HK sniper rifle ..Best? NO.. plenty of guns out there that will shoot more accurate than it. Are they semi- automatic, NO. Take your P7 and step back 50 paces..(yards) Now see how accurate it is at a bullseye target. When you put them in the 9 ring and bullseye and maybe an occasional flyer in the 8 ring, let me know what kind of pistol you are shooting.

Fliers are the fault of the shooter.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hksrule

Fliers are the fault of the shooter.

Not exactly, If the gun is not capable of shooting groups that tight nothing , and I mean nothing can improve its accuracy. BTW, your P7 won't do it. Try it at 50 yd and report back.[:D][:D]
  • slammed89swbslammed89swb Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would be happy just to hit the paper at 50yards with any handgun!![:p]
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a P7 M8, M13, and M10 and while unique and accurate, still prefer the Browning HP's for comfort and natural pointing ability.

I seem to bring the P7 up too high and have to lower it back.