In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GARAGE SALE FIND-UPDATE

EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I picked up a odd 22/6MM ? rifle today at a garage sale.No makers name anywhere.Caliber is 6MM.No stock with this rifle,only the barrel,bolt and receiver.Has several proof marks with crowns and letters.CROWN/B---CROWN/U---CROWN/G on the barrel and the first two proof marks are repeated on the receiver and bolt.The bottom half of the bolt is the extracter.The sights are drift adjustable for windage.The barrel is appox 23 inchs long with a good bore.Action seems to work properly,except it will extract a 22 shell,but not eject it.It has a few small rust spots that should clean up.Bluing is about 50 percent left.It does not appear to have any kind of safety,tho the rear of the bolt is knurled like it can be twisted to lock the action.Any information would be helpful.Sorry I can't do pictures.The man I bought it from was German and quite old.He could not remember anything about it,other than it has been sitting out in his garage for many years.
EvilDr235

Comments

• 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With those proofs it is an Imperial German made Mauser, likely rebarreled for 6mm? You normally see "B", "U", "G" amd "N" on those but without pics I'm not too sure.
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This rifle does not look any kind of Mauser rifle I have ever seen and I own a few.This rifle is marked 6MM,but is a 22 rimfire ?--It appears to be a inexpensive rifle.I just fired the action with a blank 22 L.R.shell and it worked fine.To load the rifle you place a shell in the bottom of the front part of the bolt that has a cutaway section.I probably won't ever do anything with it my self,but maybe somebody can use some parts.I never pass up guns or parts at garage sales if priced right.
    EvilDr235
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The europeans often call 22cal 6mm, esp when your dealing with rimfire cartridge.
    Odds are that what you have is actualy one of the 22RF's, but having a gunsmith make/measure a chamber case it the only way to know for sure.
    As far as finding a stock goes............
  • peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    It could be an Anschutz. Look on the barrel closely and see if it is marked. It will be about the middle of the barrel on top.
    Does the extractor also make up the lower part of the chamber?
    I have been looking for an extractor for the Anschutz for quiet a while now.

Thanks---Peabo
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cannot post pictures here of the rifle,but I can send some pictures to someone to look at if they think they maybe able to ID it.I am not on a computer.I am on a WEBTV web browser using dialup.
    EvilDr235
  • peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    I would like to see some pictures, especially of the bolt and the extractor. Also a picture of the chamber where the extractor fits.
    May not be able to identify it for you, but may be able to see if I can use it for parts to repair a similar rifle. Please send them to me using my profile e-mail.

Thanks---Peabo