In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

older A5 ?

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
i bought 3 older a5 off a guy who needed some money. 2 of them are 16ga, 1 is a 12ga. none of the guns serial numbers match from reciever to the barrel, are they supposed to match? the 12ga stock has been cut down and a recoil pad put on, plus it has had a cutts comp added along the way. any ideas as to value? what about the plain barrel 16 ga. these are all early guns but the 16 are 2 3/4 and the safties are behind the trigger guard.

Comments

• ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can call Browning a get dates on the 3 guns. 1-800-333-3288

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/detail.asp?id=13

Are any of the 16's Sweet Sixteen's?

Only very early A5's (before 1950 I think) had a matching serials for the barrel and the receiver.

Here is where to find the serial number.

IMGUJ-NSHNN-BrowningA5003.jpeg
  • ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no none of them are sweet sixteens. these are all early guns.one of the sixteens is a 4 digit serial number with no letter prefix. i am starting to think these barrels were added to the 16s. i gave the guy $700 for all 3 guns what do you think?
  • jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Barzillia's right but you never know. Someone might be willing to pay above and beyond what it's worth. Use the auctions here on GB and follow a few A5's.

I bought my Sweet Sixteen for $375 (to use in the field), I wouldn't sell if for $600.
  • MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About six months ago I purchased a Sweet 16 made in 1958. After, I took the gun apart and noticed the serial on the barrel did not match the receiver. At first, I thought the barrel was not original to the gun...I called Browning and learned that "AFTER 1954" Browning serials on A5 barrels DO NOT match the receiver.