In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

m1a ?'s

dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
Found a springfield serial number was 023XXX in great shape. Comes with a scope mount 4 mags and a bayonet. Assume its got a shiny bore and in 85% condition. What kind of coin will this bring? What should I look for? I've always wanted one but I'm now really looking into it. Any info on M1A's would help. Also came across a super match Hart? gun. What is hart?

dgac

Comments

• givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    My SerNo on my M1A is 044454. It was produced in the very late '80's. Perhaps a few years earlier for your SerNo. Should be prior to being all aftermarket. Check FCG, gas assembly, and barrel for USGI markings. See if you can have the rifle gauged at the throat. Thoughts? $1,500 for the whole shebang.

...not versed in the quality of Hart. (Remember, a part has two avenues of quality..manufacturer, and installer. 2nd is usually an unknown. Best, Joe
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i have a 29xxxx built 1984 NM documented from factory[^] i gave 1300 last year no wear on it late 70's - mid 80's had lots of nuumade commercial parts due to USGI parts shortage.about 1986 - 2004 had a few to full blown GI parts installed due a major parts in port from over seas..my 2004[^] 15xxxxx has a perfect TRW barrel with a forged bolt..auction estamet for yours 1500-2500 just look the sales now